Fuel Filter Location Sc400

I thought I read somewhere on this site that the fuel filter is a bear to replace. Or is it the fuel filter on the LS400 that is the bear? Just confirming the location of the fuel filter on the SC400 is on the driver side just forward of the left rear tire? Anything special I need to know about? Any tendencies for the fittings to strip or be frozen? When I looked at it, it looked pretty straight forward. The filter from Park Plano Lexus is close to 40 bucks? Should I stay with a Toyota part, or get an aftermarket filter that might be cheaper?

I thought I read somewhere on this site that the fuel filter is a bear to replace. Or is it the fuel filter on the LS400 that is the bear? Just confirming the location of the fuel filter on the SC400 is on the driver side just forward of the left rear tire? Anything special I need to know about? Any tendencies for the fittings to strip or be frozen? When I looked at it, it looked pretty straight forward. The filter from Park Plano Lexus is close to 40 bucks? Should I stay with a Toyota part, or get an aftermarket filter that might be cheaper?

Just call up your local auto parts store and get a fram, it will be cheaper, and yes your location is right. Its not difficult at all, and running your tank to empty really wont help all that much unless you get it bone dry, so just have something to collect the gas. It would though be hard to change if you dont have a lift to put it on, otherwise its very simple.