Lost Automatic Moonroof - Help To Reset?

I'm enjoying this forum and have learned lots to hack my 2006 Lexus RX400h (navigation override, seatbelt buzzer override). In another forum in the Lexus Owners Club, I was able to learn how to reset the driver's power window when the automatic stopped working - to press and hold the power window button till the window cycled (open full/close full and a click-like sound). I searched for the moonroof and, again, in another forum on this site, I read that I should do the same sort of thing with the slider for the moonroof. Unfortunately, this moonroof cycling trick doesn't appear to have worked (I've tried both with the Tilt button and Slide buttons, but to no avail).

Do I have to bring this into the dealer or is one of the savvy posters in this forum knowledgeable in this area and willing to share what to do to get this power recycle back (btw, I've already reset everything - removing the negative line on the battery - when upgrading my nav DVD override, and that did not "fix" this or the driver's window though it did get me back my tilting windows for reverse and my headlight calibration when starting).

Any assistance would be appreciated...

OT from my post... I was wrong about the nav override as my 5.1/7.1 hybrid disk (which does give me the override option) does not allow me to actually USE the override - i.e. I hit "Addresses" in Destination and nothing happens... even when not in override mode, nothing happens (won't allow address input)... so that's pretty much useless...

for some reason my sunroof tends to unprogram it self periodically with no explanation. my dealer will do it at no charge, when i bring it in for service, and they may even tell u how to do it on the phone. i watched the service manager do it last time and i think all he did was a complete open and close.

thanks for the reply katzjamr... i tried doing that, but it hasn't worked for me... something screwy going on, because now I've lost control of all passenger windows from the driver's door control pad - to open or close those windows... the driver's window works...

Also, when I tried to unload my 5.1/7.1 Hybrid for the Gen4 that I made, I get a message to "Please insert correct map disc". I disconnected the battery again (about 10 minutes) and put in my 4.2 disc, but to no avail... taking into the dealer next week to reset/fix it up hopefully... i'll post whatever I learn afterward...

every time you disconnect that battery you risk losing programmed items like your doors, windows, memory for previous points in the navigation, and possibly other personal settings never mind ECU settings in engine management that will lower your mpg. your windows became unprogrammed also, the driver only working is a sign of this.

I learned that the hard way... gotta figure out where the driver's side fusebox is so I don't need to do that again... I hope pulling the right fuse will reset my nav system... I did learn the trick of powering up and down all the other windows from the passenger controls to reset the driver's side control (see this post in the IS Forums: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...senger+windows). As always, this forum is a great place to find information if you dig for it...

• 2 years later...

I'm enjoying this forum and have learned lots to hack my 2006 Lexus RX400h (navigation override, seatbelt buzzer override). In another forum in the Lexus Owners Club, I was able to learn how to reset the driver's power window when the automatic stopped working - to press and hold the power window button till the window cycled (open full/close full and a click-like sound). I searched for the moonroof and, again, in another forum on this site, I read that I should do the same sort of thing with the slider for the moonroof. Unfortunately, this moonroof cycling trick doesn't appear to have worked (I've tried both with the Tilt button and Slide buttons, but to no avail).

Do I have to bring this into the dealer or is one of the savvy posters in this forum knowledgeable in this area and willing to share what to do to get this power recycle back (btw, I've already reset everything - removing the negative line on the battery - when upgrading my nav DVD override, and that did not "fix" this or the driver's window though it did get me back my tilting windows for reverse and my headlight calibration when starting).

Any assistance would be appreciated...

I replaced my battery and had the moonroof problem as well, but I just figured out how to fix it. Hold the moonroof close button down until it does a full cycle (open, close, up, down). Once it has done a full cycle you should have the one touch feature restored.

• 3 years later...

Wow. Great Forum. Thanks Lexus for creating this. I had the moon roof issue with my 03 GS 300. The open button did not work and every other button did something other than what it was suppose to. I tried holding the close button down thru a complete cycle and wella! Works great again. This did problem started after the cars battery was replaced.