Es330 Transmission Replacement

Well, that's a pretty open-ended question. Could have been a factory defect... could have been serviced and someone screwed up the service (put in wrong fluid, or other)... then the worst case is it could have been abused, but a newer ES330 is not a likely candidate vehicle that an abusive driver would get their hands on.

Either way, if I were you I'd say, "cool, I bought a used vehicle with a newer transmission". Someone else took the brunt of the repair and you get the benefit.

How many miles does the car have on it now? Like blk_on_blk said, nothing to worry about. Transmission failures do happen--even on 100K cars. If it was replaced before, it is not an indication that it will happen again. And since you bought it certified, you are covered under the certified warranty just in case...

That is really strange though, I've never heard of a transmission failure on an 02+ ES.

Agreed.....perhaps the dealer or Lexus head office can shed some light (pull the service records) on this as to the cause of the failure.

:cheers: