Arrgghhhh. Oil Change Now It Leaks At The Filter?

ED.

I changed the oil on my aunts SC300 today. Finished up then washed it, ate and washed my car. This was about an hour and a half ago. Go out about ten minutes ago and see some leakage. Check and it feels like its coming from the filter? I was having some problems when I put it on the first time so I backed it out and did it again to make sure it was on tight.

Could it be drainage if its not that (filter leak)? I may have added more oil then I sould of but not much. I go out to check now.

TIA!

Sometimes the gasket from the old filter separates from the filter and sticks to the car. When you put on the new filter, there are now two gaskets and a leak. May want to check that out. Good luck!

Thanks for the help, guys!! I think that may be it. It does not want to seat in all the way and when I was out there I asked my dad to help and hes the one who said 'leave it for tomorrow' that there was nothing we could do tonight and he was right. She went home and threw a box down and I am going over there in the morning to make sure that all is well.

If its dead cold and I take the filter off will I loose all the oil or only a small bit? I want to save as much as I can without having to drain everything I've put in it.

Sorry for posting here! The SC board doesnt know me lol. I need to post here more! I just dont drive the LS as much anymore but still should be around to help out when I can!