Sad Day In The Life Of A Lexus Driver

today my a/c compressor seized up and my 94 es300 would not start. seeing my beautiful, clean baby on the tow truck was about the saddest sight i have ever seen. its at the shop right now but it will probably be a couple days before i get it back...in the meantime i have to drive my bros. 99 honda ex v6, its a great car but better than my 94 lex? i think not.

I had the compressor go out on our '95 ES300. We got a remanufactured HR&M compressor (I think it was from Rock Auto) for under $300, then got the drier and expansion valve... those were quite cheap. The labor was about $600 to remove the old parts, install the new ones, and charge/check the system. All in all, the whole system was redone for right around $1,000 US. It's a chunk of money, but not bad for all the work done... and it blows ice cold now!! Just thought I would give you those numbers as a reference on what to expect.

yea i just found out that its a little over $1100, thats pretty high but since i cant drive it now it would have to be towed...which would cost even more money. Its getting the job done at a local toyota dealer. They also said that the cv joint was leaking and the power steering pump was showing signs of wear. I can honestly say now, after a day of school, that i would gladly take my broken 94 lex over a honda any day.