Killer Sounding Exhaust

Greetings ,I recently aquired my first Lexus,,a 92 sc300,,love this car,,I am a 50 yr. old big block Mopar guy that discovered the killer handling,,power from an asian ride,,I/m hooked,,why did I wait so long,,I came across this car by chance,,it was a killer deal so I bought it,,have had it all of 2 weeks,,,,wanting to get some sound from the exhaust,,any ideas on what might be the way to go,,headers ,& exhaust,,,,nothing to radical,,this is a daily driver,,any info would be great,,,,

you should have got the v8 if your a mopar guy! you would have loved it!

there are a few exhausts out there try to avoid the single outlet exhausts as they are quite loud. the dual exhausts usually give you a nice sporty tone.

Greetings ,I recently aquired my first Lexus,,a 92 sc300,,love this car,,I am a 50 yr. old big block Mopar guy that discovered the killer handling,,power from an asian ride,,I/m hooked,,why did I wait so long,,I came across this car by chance,,it was a killer deal so I bought it,,have had it all of 2 weeks,,,,wanting to get some sound from the exhaust,,any ideas on what might be the way to go,,headers ,& exhaust,,,,nothing to radical,,this is a daily driver,,any info would be great,,,,

Welcome to the club. There are a number of exhaust options you can acquire, but it will eventually drill down to how loud you want to go. I've found Rod Millen Mufflers to sound quite nice, quiet a low torque, but when you rip it open it sounds like deep sounding Borla.

I've purchased a cat-back Phoenix Exhaust I'm hoping to install on my SC this weekend. I'll upload a sound bit once I can.

In the meantime, I'd recommend checking out Intellexual.net. They have a few sound bits that might help you decide.

I would just go to an exhaust shop. You'll save yourself a lot of money. I originally bought rod millen magnaflows thinking I would just bolt them on; in the end the shop I went to did a complete cat-back for just $300. I wasted $600 on rod millens when they could have used their magnaflows from their shop for a fraction of the price.

BTW, if you want a nice sounding muscle car tone, the SC400 is definately for you. The engine really comes alive!

Welcome to the club. There are a number of exhaust options you can acquire, but it will eventually drill down to how loud you want to go. I've found Rod Millen Mufflers to sound quite nice, quiet a low torque, but when you rip it open it sounds like deep sounding Borla.

I've purchased a cat-back Phoenix Exhaust I'm hoping to install on my SC this weekend. I'll upload a sound bit once I can.

In the meantime, I'd recommend checking out Intellexual.net. They have a few sound bits that might help you decide.

you should have got the v8 if your a mopar guy! you would have loved it!

there are a few exhausts out there try to avoid the single outlet exhausts as they are quite loud. the dual exhausts usually give you a nice sporty tone.

I aquired the sc300 by chance,,right place ,,right time,,it just broke 100,000 miles,,is in immaculate condition,,$2500.00 is why I have a 300,,couldn't imagine the power of a 400,,that may be next.

I would just go to an exhaust shop. You'll save yourself a lot of money. I originally bought rod millen magnaflows thinking I would just bolt them on; in the end the shop I went to did a complete cat-back for just $300. I wasted $600 on rod millens when they could have used their magnaflows from their shop for a fraction of the price.

BTW, if you want a nice sounding muscle car tone, the SC400 is definately for you.

The 400 may be next,,I got a killer deal on this 300,,for muscle car sound ,,I'll have to settle for my 68 Plymouth fury,,custom suburban station wagon,,440,,,750 Holly,,Flowmasters,,a real sleeper,,,the exhaust shop is the only way to go,,I do my own wrenchin on most things,,but to get the right fit,,spend the extra bucks I agree