Location Of Ecm

brucelee

Hi,

I am replacing my ECM (95 sc400) and need help locating it (I have to get numbers off for the supplier).

Anyone know where it is and any special tips for accessing.

Thank you.

Move the passenger seat as far back as it will go. Remove the thing plastic trim strip that covers the seam of the carpet to the door sill. Grab firm and pull up. It will come out. It is rather flexible. Now you have to peel the carpet back. The carpet is clipped to the door sil with plastic clips and metal clips. It will come rite up. Keep those clips, you will need them to reassemble. There are two plugs I think in the front most part of the passenger foot well. Remove those and pull the carpet down and back. After the carpet is sufficiently out of the way, you wil see a black shroud on the incline of the passenger footwell. I think it was a 10mm socket to get the two bolts along the bottom out. The cover then lifts off. And there is your ecu. Reverse the process for assembly.

Move the passenger seat as far back as it will go. Remove the thing plastic trim strip that covers the seam of the carpet to the door sill. Grab firm and pull up. It will come out. It is rather flexible. Now you have to peel the carpet back. The carpet is clipped to the door sil with plastic clips and metal clips. It will come rite up. Keep those clips, you will need them to reassemble. There are two plugs I think in the front most part of the passenger foot well. Remove those and pull the carpet down and back. After the carpet is sufficiently out of the way, you wil see a black shroud on the incline of the passenger footwell. I think it was a 10mm socket to get the two bolts along the bottom out. The cover then lifts off. And there is your ecu. Reverse the process for assembly.

Thanks so much for instructions. Dead on and I was at it in about 5 minutes.