Wind Noise Fix

I have done a DIY wind noise fix to my 2007 LS460. I want to share that information with you. Please look on the other club's site.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352398

The 08, 460 swb, that I bought in late FEb. does not have the fix on the front, side windows. Do you know if dealerships are routinely replacing LS 460 swb side windows with Lamisafe if they do not have it? Would I be correct in assuming that Lamisafe is not only a better barrier to the sun (esp. UV a&B) but also a stronger barrier against glass breakage? In other regards, my LS is my second and as before, a truly great car.

I have done a DIY wind noise fix to my 2007 LS460. I want to share that information with you. Please look on the other club's site.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352398

The 08, 460 swb, that I bought in late FEb. does not have the fix on the front, side windows. Do you know if dealerships are routinely replacing LS 460 swb side windows with Lamisafe if they do not have it? Would I be correct in assuming that Lamisafe is not only a better barrier to the sun (esp. UV a&B) but also a stronger barrier against glass breakage? In other regards, my LS is my second and as before, a truly great car.

I don't know anything about replacement of windows in the 08s. They did replace the front side windows in my 07s but it didn't help anything with the noise problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Our new LS 460 -08 doesn't have the wind noise problem. However I totally agree however with the fix quoted here. That spot is the noisy spot in any car for air leaks. Any air leak there is BAD!.

"

The proper glue for that fix is Marine Goop" available at any store like WalMart etc. It will stick to plastic and paint. Silicon rubber won't hold long term to plastic, don't use it.

If you have a noisy leak get a DB meter from Radio Shack. Cheap and you can trace the noise, compare it to other or latter model cars and prove to the dealer you have a problem.

I can't believe Toyota/.Lexus would ignore such a problem but so typical of the car industry. Every time I buy a new car I sweat the first month. If you get a lemon God help you because the dealer will just yawn.

Change of make here but We also have a Toyota Highlander. Lots of miles and zero problems. Never been back to the dealer,ever.

Our son bought one a year latter and the heater control goes out just past 50K , just out of warranty. $800 bucks they want. So they cut him some slack cut it to gulp $400.. So 20K miles latter out it goes again. Want $800 again and no slack. So I take a look at it. The knob is loose. Removed the knob and pot and a wire is broke off due to the pull of the pot on the wire when rotated.

So I just solder the wire back on, zero cost , put some LockTite on the knob assembly and problem fixed. Large company bureaucracies have zero common sense and there is no sense fighting them. That's just the way life is. Highlander or Lexus same deal.

Find the noise with a meter and fix it your self or live with it.

• 4 weeks later...