What Is Too Much Mileage For A Transmission Flush?

99svtvenom

Just trying to figure out if i should drop the pan and filter and replace the fluid and filter. It is a 98 ls400 with 70,000 miles and the transmission when cold will give a slight harsh shift from 1 to 2 and then once the fluid expands and its hot its really smooth shifting. Should I go ahead and flush everything out and change the filter? some cars I hear dont do it past like 50k then others i hear dont do it past 80 or 90 and some people say it doesnt really matter as long as your tranny is shifting good. I assume it has never been changed.

Just trying to figure out if i should drop the pan and filter and replace the fluid and filter. It is a 98 ls400 with 70,000 miles and the transmission when cold will give a slight harsh shift from 1 to 2 and then once the fluid expands and its hot its really smooth shifting. Should I go ahead and flush everything out and change the filter? some cars I hear dont do it past like 50k then others i hear dont do it past 80 or 90 and some people say it doesnt really matter as long as your tranny is shifting good. I assume it has never been changed.

I have 300k on my LS and I am doing the flush and fill. I haven't really noticed much diffrence and my tranny was NOT shifting correctly when I started. I have noticed that since I am flushing with the Toyota Fluid a slight diffrence in the 1st to 4th gear shift (only 2 gears I have...LOL)

why not just change the fluid to something people like on here?