Orlando, Fl. Sc400 Needs Help!

Are there any members in the Orlando area that could help me locate a detailer or mechanic that can fix the ugly headlight problem i have? Its to the point where they are "NASTY TO LOOK AT", Moisture, brown on the inside it look's like and oxidation. on outside, Please help ! Lynn SC 400 1992

• 3 months later...
Are there any members in the Orlando area that could help me locate a detailer or mechanic that can fix the ugly headlight problem i have? Its to the point where they are "NASTY TO LOOK AT", Moisture, brown on the inside it look's like and oxidation. on outside, Please help ! Lynn SC 400 1992

Lynn, just been through the same thing recently, the moisture on the inside means that the seal has been compromised. I have had my original lights resealed and for all the money and effort it only worked for short time. IMHO it is easier and cheaper in the long run to just save up the $700 and buy brand new headlights. I have a toyota/lexus certified mechanic that has his own business in Delray Beach, but that is too far from Orlando and not necesary, just look in the phone book for auto repair and toyota or lexus certified mechanic in your area, you should find easily find one. Good luck.

Lynn, just been through the same thing recently, the moisture on the inside means that the seal has been compromised. I have had my original lights resealed and for all the money and effort it only worked for short time. IMHO it is easier and cheaper in the long run to just save up the $700 and buy brand new headlights. I have a toyota/lexus certified mechanic that has his own business in Delray Beach, but that is too far from Orlando and not necesary, just look in the phone book for auto repair and toyota or lexus certified mechanic in your area, you should find easily find one. Good luck.

or buy a set ready to drop in from me for say $100 shipped to your door for the set, they have been painted on the inside w/ gunmetal metallic and mount just fine..........click on picture for larger image

need plastic polish on outside only

post-59185-1218731815_thumb.jpg

There are many threads on this forum to check on how to clean the inside and outside of the headlight units. First, try cleaning the outside with Meguairs plastic cleaner or Flitz metal polish and fiberglass cleaner. If too much of the problem is inside, you will need to open the units up, clean them and re-seal them and drill moisture draining holes. Or, you can check ebay for used light units and SC400 parts cars. I've seen good condition used units go for a little as $27 and as high as $125. It all depends on how much time you want to spend trying to fix the light units you have.