O2 Sensor

funky

just curious..im thinking about changing my oxygen sensors..should i just buy the replacement sensors and use the old clip.... or do i have to buy the new sensors with the new clips....arent the old clips just click out and click in for the new sensor?

post-52892-1208638733_thumb.jpg

just curious..im thinking about changing my oxygen sensors..should i just buy the replacement sensors and use the old clip.... or do i have to buy the new sensors with the new clips....arent the old clips just click out and click in for the new sensor?

Funky- I have tried the "universal" sensor that you are showing and no they are not "click out and click in"- and also they didn't work. They were Denso but even though they assured me they were the correct ones, I believe the reason they didn't work is because they were probably oxy.sensors rather than air/fuel ratio sensors which is probably what you are thinking of. The sensors on front and rear exhaust manifolds are a/f ratio sensors and the (one) sensor behind the cat.con. is an oxy. sens. Read my answer to the post a couple from this for more info. Y/T Roger

Funky- I have tried the "universal" sensor that you are showing and no they are not "click out and click in"- and also they didn't work. They were Denso but even though they assured me they were the correct ones, I believe the reason they didn't work is because they were probably oxy.sensors rather than air/fuel ratio sensors which is probably what you are thinking of. The sensors on front and rear exhaust manifolds are a/f ratio sensors and the (one) sensor behind the cat.con. is an oxy. sens. Read my answer to the post a couple from this for more info. Y/T Roger

thanks roger. appreciate the help. i am a newb when it comes to cars :)