Coolant Leak

01' GS300

I recently had a check engine light come on and went to the dealership to check it out. They told me it was the mass air flow sensor and was running on its peak and really shouldn't drive and should get it fixed. Scaring me like that I got fixed for $700. Once finished, I drive off the lot, few miles down the engine light comes on again...WTF. So i take back right away and they do more tests...

They said my Coolant is leaking somewhere into one of my spark plugs which then results to flood and the spark plug to turn to the water and misfire...or something like that. I lost him as soon as he started talking. So is this true? He tells me to get GM coolant sealer and to crush it and put it in the radiator which should seal it. Otherwise he said it would cost like $3500 to fix.

1) Does anyone know where all 6 spark plugs are located?

2) Can I still drive the car, and for how long?

3) What are my solutions to locate the problem and fix it. He said to find out the

problem, he would need to do high pressure test.

4) Will a gasket blow off if I keep driving.

Does any one have tutorials w/images to change spark plugs, coolant and brake fluid flushes?

Thanks.... Please help.

wtf... go somewhere else besides the dealer.. they're just bending you over the table and... well you get the point go somewhere else... $3500 could get you a nice JDM turbo engine w/ installation...

If you have a blown head gasket.. then you're screwed but in many cases it is fixable unless the head is warped. Does the car overheat?

What Check Engine Codes were pulled?

You can probably drive around unless you've having some crazy misfiring, or overheating.. but in either case you can throw $3500 at another shop and have them change your whole engine.. even though that may not be necessary.

either way.. go to another dealer or an independent shop and get some second opinions.

i forgot the test i had run when i blew a headgasket on my es300.......i think it was a pressure leakdown test! go have one of those done! can tell u if u have a blown headgasket or a crack in the block or what not! dont drive this all over though the motor is limpin and if u dont wanna put more moeny into it dont push it past where its at! i warped my heads on my old car!

brian-

good to b back on the forum after missing 6 days with a minor surgery for 2 pinched nerves! anyone miss me?

01' GS300

I recently had a check engine light come on and went to the dealership to check it out. They told me it was the mass air flow sensor and was running on its peak and really shouldn't drive and should get it fixed. Scaring me like that I got fixed for $700. Once finished, I drive off the lot, few miles down the engine light comes on again...WTF. So i take back right away and they do more tests...

They said my Coolant is leaking somewhere into one of my spark plugs which then results to flood and the spark plug to turn to the water and misfire...or something like that. I lost him as soon as he started talking. So is this true? He tells me to get GM coolant sealer and to crush it and put it in the radiator which should seal it. Otherwise he said it would cost like $3500 to fix.

1) Does anyone know where all 6 spark plugs are located?

2) Can I still drive the car, and for how long?

3) What are my solutions to locate the problem and fix it. He said to find out the

problem, he would need to do high pressure test.

4) Will a gasket blow off if I keep driving.

Does any one have tutorials w/images to change spark plugs, coolant and brake fluid flushes?

Thanks.... Please help.

good luck on findong out what it is. If it is coolent in the cylinders look at your oil if it is cloudy brown most likley a blown head gasket. I also say get the hell away from those dealerships. Most of the time they are low level tech's. Take it to a performance shop they will be able to tell you whats wrong and not bend you over while doing it. Plus the same guy might be able to install that new turbo'd motor you wanted anyway. PLease keep us posted on what the outcome is.