2004 Ls430: How To Reset The Low Tires Pressure Warning

mttls400

Hello all LS430 owner,

I just bought a new used 2004 LS430 and there a warning of "Low Tires Pressure Indicator" flashing on my dash board - Arcording previous owner, he had switched the battery lately and he got this alarm since then even after he already filled & checked all the tires. I and he read the manual book but don't get any glue to get it reset. If you know how Please, give me some direction. Thank for your help.

Michael

welcome to the experience,

start in your manual on page 360 to understand the tire pressure warning system. reset instructions are a few pages away. the reset button is underneath the driver's console area in front of the gas pedal. instructions are pretty much straight forward.

be cool,

Hello and thank you DClK,

You are quickly quick. Thank you and thank you - This website is awshome. I can learn from the experts here. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :D

By the way, DClK - my new used LS430 now has 84000 miles on her. How much more i can really stress her before she needs the timming belt job. Thanks :rolleyes::rolleyes:

you're more than welcome. just trying to be as helpful as others have been to me.

regarding the timing belt, i'm not sure. we have roughly the same mileage and i'm pondering when to get the service done too. i was lucky enough to get a pretty thorough service history for my lex and have found some background info on the previous owner (misc personal info found under the seats, etc) and feel confident she took good care of the car (minus the fender bender that didn't show up on carfax).

you can read around, there is plenty of advice from more experienced lex owners and various types of industry insiders. try the search feature if you haven't already.

i think i might just play it safe and follow the service manuals recommendation. i do know that most recommend replacing the fuel pump at the same time as the timing belt since they're close in proximity.

be cool,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi: He meant the water pump, not the fuel pump. But also know that your car had some problems with the fuel pump and there is some info about it.

C. Cardona

(i think i might just play it safe and follow the service manuals recommendation. i do know that most recommend replacing the fuel pump at the same time as the timing belt since they're close in proximity.

be cool, )

• 2 weeks later...

start in your manual on page 360 to understand the tire pressure warning system. reset instructions are a few pages away. the reset button is underneath the driver's console area in front of the gas pedal. instructions are pretty much straight forward.

be cool,

I've got the same problem, looked in the manual, found the pic showing the reset button, went outside, and there is no button. Our car does not appear to have any of the reset or blinker noise adjustment knobs pictured in the owner's manual. Are they tucked up under the dash rather than standing in plain sight like the manual shows? Help, please.

be cool,

I can't find the reset button on my 2004 430SC. I called the dealer and they said there was not one. I switched tires from the run flats to standard Michelins. Car rides incredibly better. But the warning signal is driving me crazy. Help!!!

be cool,

I've got the same problem, looked in the manual, found the pic showing the reset button, went outside, and there is no button. Our car does not appear to have any of the reset or blinker noise adjustment knobs pictured in the owner's manual. Are they tucked up under the dash rather than standing in plain sight like the manual shows? Help, please.

Did you get an answer on how to find the reset? I still can't find it.

be cool,

No. The car is going to the dealer tomorrow (still under warranty). They seem to think there may be a sensor failure, because the system was supposed to reset automatically--aster they had me pull the spare and check the air in it (which can't be done with a standard air gauge without taking the tire out of the well). I have contorted myself into a pretzel looking for that reset button. All I found was a sheet metal blank held in place with a screw where the manual said the reset button was. Doing away with the reset may have been a running change. At any rate, the G$^&% thing is still showing a tire low. At least it's not ringing at me.

be cool,

No. The car is going to the dealer tomorrow (still under warranty). They seem to think there may be a sensor failure, because the system was supposed to reset automatically--aster they had me pull the spare and check the air in it (which can't be done with a standard air gauge without taking the tire out of the well). I have contorted myself into a pretzel looking for that reset button. All I found was a sheet metal blank held in place with a screw where the manual said the reset button was. Doing away with the reset may have been a running change. At any rate, the G$^&% thing is still showing a tire low. At least it's not ringing at me.

I just got the same answer - They are saying that is is a sensor problem that must be dealer serviced. I have the convertible. No spare tire at all.

Will let you know when it gets resolved. The car runs so much better with regular radial tires and no run flats. Just need to shoot the alarm.

Dr J,

i have an 04 ls430 and it would be very unusual for my lex from the same model year to have a reset and yours not have one. the only thing that might account for such a difference, if that's the case, would be if you have the ultra model or something like that. but like you said, it isn't in plain sight.

if you still haven't found it after a trip to the dealer, try this: to the right of the gas pedal is a ribbed section of plastic or vinyl or something in the carpet upholstry running along the tranny shaft. put you hand, palm up, midway along that section and lift your hand directly up until you hit the underside of the bottom instrument panel cover. your hand should feel the knob that adjusts the volume of the car beeps. the reset switch is one of the two push buttons to the side of the knob. all that stuff is in a flat area that doesn't follow the curvature of the bottom instrument panel.

if you went too far forward with your hand you'll the wiring harnesses, etc from underneath the instrument cluster. if your hand didn't go far enough you should feel a grill or slits in the paneling.

hope this helps,

be cool

• 2 months later...
Hello all LS430 owner,

I just bought a new used 2004 LS430 and there a warning of "Low Tires Pressure Indicator" flashing on my dash board- Arcording previous owner, he had switched the battery lately and he got this alarm since then even after he already filled & checked all the tires. I and he read the manual book but don't get any glue to get it reset. If you know how Please, give me some direction. Thank for your help.

Michael

Michael, I also have a 2004 LS430 and I frequently get the warning of "Low Tires Pressure Indicator" flashing on my dash board also. There is reset button like someone else mentioned on here under the dash. I know where it is and how to reset it. the problem is the the error comes right back shortly after reset. So I took it to the dealer and found that there is a Technical Service bulletin on this exact problem. Something wrong with the ECU they told and would have been fixed under factory warranty if I had only discovered it before my factory warranty ran out.

Hope this helps,

Steve