What Remote Will Work

HI all!Please help me with my problem .I have to buy a remote and a new key ?If i buy used remote will this work on my '99gs300 or all remote model specific?If it is how can i find out what to buy?Does all key can be programed to the car or how can i find out the key is transponder key or not?

I do not drive a GS, but if I recall correctly, they have the same key/remote style as the LS of that vintage. If you buy a used remote, make sure the FCC IDs match up to your original key, and you should be fine.

Programming instructions are all over this forum. Do a search and you should be able to find them. There are 2 different procedures you need to do, one to program the key, and the other to program the remote.

That is the problem !I only have the master key i have no idea what fc id will work i thought all remote will work i only have to pair with the car.I already know how to program i have the service manual the factory one on computer the all data so i can look it up.