Help Plz!

my 93 sc400, 180k mi, recently started having an annoying noise emit from its underside.. the noise is similar to the sound of the end of an oldschool film strip player, and the reel is flapping around and around, and the rate of tinktink increases when i rev my engine/accelerate...

any thoughts? my fellow sc peerz... thank u in advance.

my 93 sc400, 180k mi, recently started having an annoying noise emit from its underside.. the noise is similar to the sound of the end of an oldschool film strip player, and the reel is flapping around and around, and the rate of tinktink increases when i rev my engine/accelerate...

okay does it make this noise only when its moving? or if u put it in park and rev the engine do u hear it?? that makes all the difference!

okay does it make this noise only when its moving? or if u put it in park and rev the engine do u hear it?? that makes all the difference!

it makes the noise as soon as the engine turns over.. idle, stopped, in motion, etc. the noise does, however, reduce by about half the warmer the engine is

okay check your belt and make sure its not ripped in any places, then remove the plastic covers that go over the dist caps and watch the belt as it turns while the car is running. or just rotate the motor by hand and inspect the belt. i am reffering to the timing belt. if u see nothing that could be causing that, then take a stethoscope and track down the location of the sound while the car is running. that will allow u to narrow it down. to me it sounds like u might have something caught up in the crankcase or in the torque converter. either of which could cause serious issues if left untreated.

okay check your belt and make sure its not ripped in any places, then remove the plastic covers that go over the dist caps and watch the belt as it turns while the car is running. or just rotate the motor by hand and inspect the belt. i am reffering to the timing belt. if u see nothing that could be causing that, then take a stethoscope and track down the location of the sound while the car is running. that will allow u to narrow it down. to me it sounds like u might have something caught up in the crankcase or in the torque converter. either of which could cause serious issues if left untreated.

I will do exactly those things, tonight. much appreciated bro-

and i'll report my findings 2morrow sometime.