2004 Navigation In Canada

trevorf93

hi there,

just bought a 2004 rx330 with nav from the US and brought it up to Canada, now I have a question about the nav.......the current version that is in there covers very little of canada (only southern canada). I am told (by Lexus) that i can buy an upgrade disc from a canadian dealer and that will convert it to canadian and fix the problem. Can someone tell me if there is such a thing as Canada discs and US discs, or if there is one disc for both countries, and some setting that I can change. I am trying to get coverage for Alberta (Edmonton and area), and my current version ends just N of Calgary.

Thanks for the help\

hi there,

just bought a 2004 rx330 with nav from the US and brought it up to Canada, now I have a question about the nav.......the current version that is in there covers very little of canada (only southern canada). I am told (by Lexus) that i can buy an upgrade disc from a canadian dealer and that will convert it to canadian and fix the problem. Can someone tell me if there is such a thing as Canada discs and US discs, or if there is one disc for both countries, and some setting that I can change. I am trying to get coverage for Alberta (Edmonton and area), and my current version ends just N of Calgary.

Thanks for the help\

Hello,

There is only one disc for North America, which covers both the United States and Canada. The reason you have only limited coverage in Canada is that you have an older version of the disc which did not have coverage of much of Canada. With the new release of the latest Lexus navigation DVD, all of Canada is covered.

Some more detail, the 7.1 disc updates the entire provinces of Quebec, Ontario, and British Columbia.

There are major changes to Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfouland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan and Yukon.

Details for Alberta:

-Rebuilt 4 interchanges on Hwy2 in Calgary area

- Realigned 2 interchanges of TCH west of Calgary construction of Hwy 43 from Gunn to Glenevis & Greencourt to Fox Creek (Lao Ste Anna)

- Added 25,114 addresses and 1,180 miles of street