Problem With Mounts ?

Mr.Lextacy

So i recently purchased my 95 ls4 and it know has 145000 miles when i am driving at around 35 mph there is a studder when i let off the gas sort of jumps a lil this happens while reversing as well im thinking its the trans and or motor mounts ? has anyone had this problem. :huh:

I do on my 91'. Mine is a vibration between about 35-50 mph. I can mostly feel it through the steering wheel. My dealer said it was the tires, but I do not think so. When idling at times, I can also feel it through the steering wheel and gear shift. My problem is just whether or not its the tranny mount or engine mounts or both. They are not cheap (engine) or easy to replace, so I am stalling on getting them replaced, but would love to soon. :(

it sounds like it's the engine mounts. I had the tranny mounts, and it was a real pain in the :censored:

So the tranny mounts are worse to change? I have been told that the engine mounts are harder to change and more time consuming.

Gen I, 1990-1994, tranny mount is easy, just replace. Gen I motor mounts takes some doing, nothing technical, but you'll need a good set of tools and time. The quote I got from my indie was very reasonable for all the work that I did! Don't know about Gen II 1995+.

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 MBZ 300CE

2000 MBZ C280