Using Turtle Wax Ice Products

Hey i just purchased Turtle Wax Ice Products..The Car Wash Soap, Clay Bar, Spray Detailer, and Liquid Polish, i was wondering if i should continue and open everything..i just washed my car and dried, but plan on 2morrow to wash + wax and polish/detail, i was wondering what order i should do it it..i have an onyx is300 so there a particular order? im new to detailing my car would appreciate all the help i can get..i dont know much about products as well, but i was recommended meguairs, but i saw that turtle wax ice has good feedback, well 50/50, i was wondering if its a good product? i can still return and get maguiars but im not to sure..and possibly get zmyol for wax..but for now i would love to know the order to do the detailing with with turtle wax ice products, because i like to get rid of the circles that are driving me crazy..i read from a few other posts..its wash, clay, wash, polish, then detail? \

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1 <--- the descriptions confuse me..any help would be great

thanks! :huh:

If you want to get REAL into it with some good results do the following.

I'd go with Meguiars NXT or Gold over Turtle crap anyday.

Wash, clay, compound, polish, wax. In that order. B)

Meguiars NXT is like turtle wax ice (average at best) based on readings on the mother load forum. Durability is not great and loses looks quickly; but if you like waxing all the time…Most OTC stuff is like this. Any wax can shine, add warmth etc. I would take certain non-OTC paste waxs (professional grade) over these items any day. For me, I would not waste my money on them.

In this price range, Collinite's waxes would be a better then both.

Bring Mr. Political here……YMMV.

Also, 'Onyx5spdSportx' go to autopia.org and look around. Alot better then over here.

Have you ever used NXT?

me, no but I have friends that do and see them all the time. For me, NXT is okay and nothing special. I will take CG5050 over it anyday (way better). But price is also more too.

again YMMV .......but most OTC items are just that. But if you or the customer likes the results, stick with it.

Well if you've never used it...I wouldn't comment on it if I were you. Remember...you're just guessing ;)

NXT is a perfectly acceptable product (I have used it), probably the best OTC product by far. Its a great one step product since it has cleaners in it. They've now reformulated it into NXT 2.0 which is supposed to be even better but I haven't tried it.

Biggest issue with NXT is that it residues around seams if you're not careful.

I am guessing :D from not using it myself but, however I see the cars almost daily, know the app they use, etc. I am not saying it is a bad product at all nor did LOL. Just saying it is average based on looks etc. I know longevity is not great. I can get 60% the same thing with CG pro detailer. Going by autopia people are getting the samething.

Again, this is me, I have yet to find really great products OTC. Great for me, means shine, beading, depth, bird bombs, how long it lasts etc.

I know in Texass, for me, no OTC will hold up in this sun. If you or the cusomter is happy, that is all the matters. I know some people that are happy with any way on the car.

Still though, unless you've tested a product yourself alongside other products that you use its really not fair to make a statement that such a product is lacking. So you've seen it on other people's cars, so what? You don't have the experience with what other products look like on that vehicle or what kinds of prep or polishes went down before the product...

You say you can't find an OTC product that will do what you need it to do or stand up where you need it to stand up...yet you haven't used any OTC products?

Still though, unless you've tested a product yourself alongside other products that you use its really not fair to make a statement that such a product is lacking. So you've seen it on other people's cars, so what? You don't have the experience with what other products look like on that vehicle or what kinds of prep or polishes went down before the product...

You say you can't find an OTC product that will do what you need it to do or stand up where you need it to stand up...yet you haven't used any OTC products?

I agree 100 % with you Sir, there are numerous OTC products that are outstanding, the detailing world is like the street racing world, everyone has a 10 second car and everyone has 600 hp car that is, until you ask for the time slip or dyno run sheets.

I usually keep my findings for my self, but please allow me to share my own test, the test was a result of a “discussion” about Carnauba and Polymer wax (that’s another subject all together) so I decided to purchase 5 products, the test was simple, pour the same amount of product ( I use a tea spoon ) and place them side by side on the trunk of a rental car, the ambient temperature, trunk lid temperature and many other factors were recorded, that morning the ambient temp was 56F, at 3.00 pm the trunk temp was 156F, that test proof to me many things. by 6.00 o'clock the product was completly gone.

I have provided a photo that shows what happen to the main product in this thread discussion, I did many other tests and the results clearly shows that particular product do not perform as advertise, still you find people that believe that the product is indeed a good product. I guess is all about choice.

Like SW03ES states, the BEST and ONLY way to see if a product really perform is to do your OWN test, there's a lot of great information out there, but be aware not all of them is 100% accurate.

That is just my opinion……..

oldfiles1874di3.th.jpg

oldfiles1886xs5.th.jpg

oldfiles1920xq2.th.jpg

oldfiles1938ar8.th.jpg