Does Anyone Love Their 2008 Rx 350?

I just bought my 2008 RX 350. I am beginning to wonder if I made a bad mistake because all I read is bad stuff. I did buy mine slightly used which concerned me somewhat because it was traded in so fast. It wasnt a lease SUV either...I guess time will tell. I can say I love everything but the back up lights, drivers seat and Nav...Those could be improved but I can live with it...Thanks, Bev

My wife says that she loves our RX. She is not mechanically inclined and "loves" the driving experience and the amenities of the vehicle.

I find it difficult to love an inanimate object and I do the maintenance so experience issues that she does not.

The RX is a mechanical device, a tool if you will, that serves a function. There are better tools for different functions such as racing, off-road, performance driving, luxury, hauling, and so forth. It is similar to using a wrench as a hammer but the wrench is inferior and inefficient in that role. The RX serves its function very well complemented with style and comfort.

Love is such a strong word. lol

I do really like mine so far. I have only 3k miles on it and no issues so far. We have had a bad winter in the Midwest and I cant help but rave about the performance of this vehicle.

Pro's:

Fit and finish of materials.

Plenty of engine power.

Love the paintwork (Brandywine Mica).

Much less expensive than the X5 and ML.

Con's:

Sound like a truck until it warms up in cold weather.

Average audio system.

Poor back up visibility.

Exterior styling could be upgraded.

Overall, Im very happy with this vehicle.

People search out these boards to complain about the smallest things which generally can be fixed with a little people skills.

This is a great SUV, non better in the price range....... and I mean NON. By the way, great paint colour. Now if someone just knew enough to answer my paint question, life would be perfect.

I just bought my 2008 RX 350. I am beginning to wonder if I made a bad mistake because all I read is bad stuff. I did buy mine slightly used which concerned me somewhat because it was traded in so fast. It wasnt a lease SUV either...I guess time will tell. I can say I love everything but the back up lights, drivers seat and Nav...Those could be improved but I can live with it...Thanks, Bev

We're on our second, and I might say we have a love hate relationship with it.