93 Spec 2jz-gte Or A 98 Spec 1uz-fe

I was wondering if which motor was best. the 2jz-gte or the 1uz-fe.im planning on using this car for daily driving and work, but at the same time i wanted a good amount of a smooth ride and fast ride. i was actually suprised that the 1uz was doing better MPG than my sc300. i actually found the 1uz around 100K miles and cost about $2,495 from a scrapyard. the 2jz is also from the scrapyard and it costs $1,200-$1,500 and it also needs a new core. the 2jz comes with only the engine,wiring harness, and ecu only. no turbos, piping, intercooler, or the rest of the turbo parts are there. yeah if anyone can tell me anything than it would help.

I was wondering if which motor was best. the 2jz-gte or the 1uz-fe.im planning on using this car for daily driving and work, but at the same time i wanted a good amount of a smooth ride and fast ride. i was actually suprised that the 1uz was doing better MPG than my sc300. i actually found the 1uz around 100K miles and cost about $2,495 from a scrapyard. the 2jz is also from the scrapyard and it costs $1,200-$1,500 and it also needs a new core. the 2jz comes with only the engine,wiring harness, and ecu only. no turbos, piping, intercooler, or the rest of the turbo parts are there. yeah if anyone can tell me anything than it would help.

1UZ is good, but i would rather get the 2JZ-GTE. With the 2JZ-GTE you can daily and go fast to. :D

or should i stick with the stock motor and go all out? NA all the way? the reason i might do this is because the reason that im not a big drag fan.don't get me wrong i still like drag, but im more of a circuit,autocross,drifting type of guy. i just felt the car might be able to get into it's full potential if i was to get it to be tunedr NA. i'm not sure though, but i haven't heard a sc300 going NA all the way. kinda like the NA tuned 86 corollas. some people can get it to be up to 11k revs like takumi on initial d. i've also seen other cars that went NA were doing pretty good. well, at least the advantage of the 2jzge and gte motor is that at least the manual transmission bolts on easily without any hassles. a manual transmission is also what im looking for i mainly wanted the 6 speed, but i can also settle 4 a 5 speed. i actually found a 5 speed 4 $695 off of a 93/94 tranny.

2JZ all the way. I've seen 2JZ's with stock internals push over 800 horsepower without blowing a rod or piston ring or anything... Let's see any other engine on Earth (save a Nissan RB20, also an inline-6) do that.

If it wasn't insanely expensive, I'd love to do a rear-wheel-drive swap and drop a 2JZ in my ES, but that'll never happen. Next car maybe.

Just my two cents.