New Head Unit

well i was putting in a new head unit and speakers with the help of my friend. I have the repair manual for the Camry that i downloaded off of this forum, but the plug (BLUE PLUG) for the original amp does not look the same as the one on the actual car. The plug on the car has a group of 8 pins on each side and 2 in the middle and on the repair manual there are only 6 on each side and 2 in the middle. Also the colors do not match up. Am i looking at the wrong manual or what? someone please help because at the moment i have no audio and that just isn't fun....

well i was putting in a new head unit and speakers with the help of my friend. I have the repair manual for the Camry that i downloaded off of this forum, but the plug (BLUE PLUG) for the original amp does not look the same as the one on the actual car. The plug on the car has a group of 8 pins on each side and 2 in the middle and on the repair manual there are only 6 on each side and 2 in the middle. Also the colors do not match up. Am i looking at the wrong manual or what? someone please help because at the moment i have no audio and that just isn't fun....

So you are using the factory amp right? Did you get the wiring harness adapter that plugs into the factory amp/speaker wiring? It would be specific to your Lexus model (92-96 I believe) and makes the HU wiring a breeze.

i have a wireing harness and everything. But apperently you have to run wires from the factory amp to the head unit. Have you ever tried this on your car? Because if you havent you wouldnt know wat im talking about because it is very diferent from a car without a factory amp.