Need Some Advice And Opinions On 08 Gs 460

First off just want to say hello to all fellow lexus owners as i am new to this forum, ok with that out the way here is my question i'm looking at buying a sedan within the next few months or so and i am wondering what do you guys think of your GS 460...what price range should i be looking at?...i want a fully loaded GS with a Mark levinson system and Navi...now is the sound system worth the extra dollars or not?...is the navi worth the extra dollars?...how is the ride quality?...do you get alot of road noise?...also what did you guys pay out the door for it?...sorry if its too many questions but i'm trying to do my homework before i make my next purchase. Currently my wife drives an 07 ES 350 which IMHO is a great car, she has the ML system with navi and the ride quality and MPG is awesome but i noticed that Lexus does not offer XM traffic update with the Nav system except on the Ls but Infiniti offers it on their M class, has anybody ever dealt with the xm traffic system previously?...hope you guys/gals can give me some good advice

First off just want to say hello to all fellow lexus owners as i am new to this forum, ok with that out the way here is my question i'm looking at buying a sedan within the next few months or so and i am wondering what do you guys think of your GS 460...what price range should i be looking at?...i want a fully loaded GS with a Mark levinson system and Navi...now is the sound system worth the extra dollars or not?...is the navi worth the extra dollars?...how is the ride quality?...do you get alot of road noise?...also what did you guys pay out the door for it?...sorry if its too many questions but i'm trying to do my homework before i make my next purchase. Currently my wife drives an 07 ES 350 which IMHO is a great car, she has the ML system with navi and the ride quality and MPG is awesome but i noticed that Lexus does not offer XM traffic update with the Nav system except on the Ls but Infiniti offers it on their M class, has anybody ever dealt with the xm traffic system previously?...hope you guys/gals can give me some good advice

I've have a GS 460, puchased before Christmas, that has ML sound, nav, and most of the other options. I am VERY pleased with with. I wouldn't do without the nav system, at any price. Ride quality is excellent, power in outstanding, and very little road/wind noise. I had the dealer change out the Dunlop run-flat tires for Michelin PS conventionals for improved wear, noise, and ride quality. I get 25mph + on the highway, which is great for a V8. I got a little price break, but the 460 had just come out and I got the first one on my side of town. Don't know about the XM traffic question.

want a fully loaded GS with a Mark levinson system and Navi...now is the sound system worth the extra dollars or not?...is the navi worth the extra dollars?...how is the ride quality?...do you get alot of road noise?...also what did you guys pay out the door for it... XM traffic update with the Nav system except on the Ls but Infiniti offers it on their M class, has anybody ever dealt with the xm traffic system previously

We bought our GS460 in November and we love it. We had driven the Infiniti M and G many times as rentals and actually planned to buy the M on the day we drove the GS460. We drove the Infiniti M and then drove an ES and then the GS. Here's why we bought the Lexus GS: ride quality, performance, sound system. The GS has no wind noise that we've noticed. In the "sport" mode the GS reminded us of the BMW550 and was superior to the Infinity. IMHO the sound system in the Lexus (Mark Levinson) is far superior to either the BMW or the Infinity, in part due to the road noise of the Infinity. Lexus Nav system doesn't have a hard drive like the Infinity and has a lock-out feature you can read about in the forums that frustrates all of us, but I can't imagine not having it. We didn't like the idrive on the BMW, but the trunk space on the BMW is better than on the Lexus. The 20-way BMW seats are wonderful, the Infiniti seats were ok but we really like our perforated leather seats. Have fun shopping! :)

want a fully loaded GS with a Mark levinson system and Navi...now is the sound system worth the extra dollars or not?...is the navi worth the extra dollars?...how is the ride quality?...do you get alot of road noise?...also what did you guys pay out the door for it... XM traffic update with the Nav system except on the Ls but Infiniti offers it on their M class, has anybody ever dealt with the xm traffic system previously

We bought our GS460 in November and we love it. We had driven the Infiniti M and G many times as rentals and actually planned to buy the M on the day we drove the GS460. We drove the Infiniti M and then drove an ES and then the GS. Here's why we bought the Lexus GS: ride quality, performance, sound system. The GS has no wind noise that we've noticed. In the "sport" mode the GS reminded us of the BMW550 and was superior to the Infinity. IMHO the sound system in the Lexus (Mark Levinson) is far superior to either the BMW or the Infinity, in part due to the road noise of the Infinity. Lexus Nav system doesn't have a hard drive like the Infinity and has a lock-out feature you can read about in the forums that frustrates all of us, but I can't imagine not having it. We didn't like the idrive on the BMW, but the trunk space on the BMW is better than on the Lexus. The 20-way BMW seats are wonderful, the Infiniti seats were ok but we really like our perforated leather seats. Have fun shopping! :)

Thanks for that information it helps out tremendously, could you tell me what car had more room as far as Leg and Head room in the front and back seat of the car

Did they charge you extra for chagning out the tires and give you the price break, also why did you change out the run flat tires...are they not worth it?

No charge. I did a lot of research on run-flat tires (RFTs) and found that they don't last very long, ride rough, have high road noise, and have flats more often. In fact, my car had a window sticker warning the buyer of rapid tire wear. My conclusion is that RFTs are not quite ready for prime-time. Maybe in a few years. I have been very happy with my Michelins - non-RFTs.

Al

Did they charge you extra for chagning out the tires and give you the price break, also why did you change out the run flat tires...are they not worth it?

No charge. I did a lot of research on run-flat tires (RFTs) and found that they don't last very long, ride rough, have high road noise, and have flats more often. In fact, my car had a window sticker warning the buyer of rapid tire wear. My conclusion is that RFTs are not quite ready for prime-time. Maybe in a few years. I have been very happy with my Michelins - non-RFTs.

Al

wow you would think with the price tag of the car that they came with some quality tires that last and perform good