Temp. Gauge Needle

fwls400

I bought my 93 LS400 about 6 weeks ago. After I bought it I noticed that the tachometer didn't work. Someone on here mentioned giving the dash a good solid tap, which I did, and it works now, but I have to whack it a couple of times sometime to get it going. Well, just this week, the same thing started happening with my temperature gauge needle. It looks like it needs some viagara. A smack or three on the dash usually gets it moving again. I know the previous owners had the instrument cluster removed and repaired. Is this something I should just live with, or an indication of worse things to come. I didn't mind so much the tach, but the temp. gauge worries me a little.

Thanks

You could get it repaired again. There is a lot of info on the guages in the sticky here. I don't think it will get any worse than the needles not working. On my old 91 LS with 186k miles the speedo stuck every once in a while, and i barely had to tap the top of the dash for it to work again. I just dealt with it.

Or ask the previous owner where they had it repaired, how long ago, maybe you'll get it repaired for free if it hasn't been too long, or maybe you'll get a discount for going back to the same place to have it done again.