Need New Key

Hey everyone, on my 92 sc400s key the keyring part is falling apart, i dont need a new key but just the casing, i called lexus and they said it would be like $330 for a new key with the unlocker, what is the secret to lexus keys, how else can i get a casing or a cheaper key.

Hey everyone, on my 92 sc400s key the keyring part is falling apart, i dont need a new key but just the casing, i called lexus and they said it would be like $330 for a new key with the unlocker, what is the secret to lexus keys, how else can i get a casing or a cheaper key.

You cant get any cheaper keys or other keys, its so expensive, because the lexus keys use a specific computer code that connects into the lexus computer....which all would have to be replaced, hence y its so expensive, ive looked into it and that was what i was told.

Recently bought a new key for a '00 SC300 from: http://www.toy-lex.com/ Lot cheaper than from Lexus and a good quality aftermarket part.