Needle Bulbs

04isfree

i had response before on how to replace the bulbs for the needles instead of painting them. i have since however forgotten my name and password so had to re register and cant find it. can anyone help. i also just pulled the dash board out myself and got a tv repair dude to check and change the capacitors and fixed my burned out dash lights. total cost $60... $40 for the work and $20 tip because its Christmas and he saved me a couple hundred (dont tell him that)

The wisdom seems to be that the problem with the needles is due to cracking of conductive paint on the backside of the needle, which results in loss of power to lights towards the end of the needle.

It seems the "fix" might be to get some conductive paint and repaint the backside of the needle, hopefully filling any cracks to restore the conductive properties. I don't know if any prep is involved, or whether to try just slapping some of the special paint on the back.

But I sure would like to know.

Joe