96 Es 300 Won't Start...sometimes

walterh

It usually starts when it's cold, but if I drive it for 20-30 minutes and turn it off, it may not start. The engine is turning over plenty, it seems like it's not getting fuel. When I got to work this morning, it killed when I parked but it started back up. I just went to go to lunch and it won't fire up now. I've got about 230k miles on it.

I took it to a shop and he said he couldn't find anything wrong with it. I have my doubts about whether he ever looked at it though.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

It runs great, usually. No problems other than trying to get it started, and it did kill on me when I parked yesterday.

After browsing through the posts, I saw where a guy had a similar issue, and replacing the fuel pressure regulator solved his problem. What do you think about that? I'll have the fuel filter and pump checked anyway, though.

Thanks a bunch.

It might've been me with the fuel pressure regulator replacement. It was an easy fix worth a shot, before tackling the filter & pump.

I had a honda accord that did this, after a while it wouldnt start at all, in my case it was the starter. Replaced the starter and everything was fine. So it could be your starter going south. Just my opinion.