Ps Trouble Again!

tlewis

I have read the many posts about the power steering pump and tried many solutions but I am still having a problem. We replaced the power steering pump, and it was alright for awhile but now the fluid is going somewhere but we can't find where. We have some white smoke coming out the exhaust, seems to be more when we use a cheaper thinner ps fluid. We have used a thicker ps fluid with stop leak and it worked for awhile but when we put that in yesterday it also disappeared but we can't find a leak or fluid anywhere! Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas, we don't know what else to do and can't afford to take the car to a mechanic right now. We don't want to change the pump again if that is not the problem, is there a way to test and see if it is the pump? I am desperate I love my car but the husband is getting tires of all the ps problems. Thanks everyone!

I have read in the forums about an idle control valve for the power steering pump anyone have any more information on this part maybe a part number or where we can find one? Auto parts store says it is a dealer part but there is no lexus dealer close so we will have to order it online I guess any suggestions,has anyone replaced one of these?

I have read the many posts about the power steering pump and tried many solutions but I am still having a problem. We replaced the power steering pump, and it was alright for awhile but now the fluid is going somewhere but we can't find where. We have some white smoke coming out the exhaust, seems to be more when we use a cheaper thinner ps fluid. We have used a thicker ps fluid with stop leak and it worked for awhile but when we put that in yesterday it also disappeared but we can't find a leak or fluid anywhere! Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas, we don't know what else to do and can't afford to take the car to a mechanic right now. We don't want to change the pump again if that is not the problem, is there a way to test and see if it is the pump? I am desperate I love my car but the husband is getting tires of all the ps problems. Thanks everyone!

I have read in the forums about an idle control valve for the power steering pump anyone have any more information on this part maybe a part number or where we can find one? Auto parts store says it is a dealer part but there is no lexus dealer close so we will have to order it online I guess any suggestions,has anyone replaced one of these?

If I remember right you use Toyota ATF 1V for the power steering..also you can clean the ICV much better then buying a New One at about 800.00 I've read...good luck

the ps system uses regular ATF.

the valve your talking about is probably only available from the dealer. if you look at your pump there should be 2 vaccum lines that go from under(?) the pump to some vaccum tubes on the engine. if you trace those lines to the pump you will find the valve. that valve controlls the steering effort according to speed.