Where To Get High Output Alternator?

putting about 1500 watts rms into the car (94 es300) and slightly concerned about possibly needing to step up to a higher output alternator. Anyone know where I can find one? The only thing i've found so far besides the 80 amp OEM spec ones is a 90 amp at 200+ bucks :/

You might want to look at the OEM alternators for newer versions of Toyota vehicles that have the 3.0L straight 6. I think that is your motor but I could be wrong. The mechanical fit might be a match because the motor is based on the same platform. Perhaps they will have higher amperage too?

I have read online that the new IS250/350's have a 100A OEM alternator. These cars are V6 motors so I don't think that they will bolt up directly.

Regards,

putting about 1500 watts rms into the car (94 es300) and slightly concerned about possibly needing to step up to a higher output alternator. Anyone know where I can find one? The only thing i've found so far besides the 80 amp OEM spec ones is a 90 amp at 200+ bucks :/

You might want to look at the OEM alternators for newer versions of Toyota vehicles that have the 3.0L straight 6. I think that is your motor but I could be wrong. The mechanical fit might be a match because the motor is based on the same platform. Perhaps they will have higher amperage too?

I have read online that the new IS250/350's have a 100A OEM alternator. These cars are V6 motors so I don't think that they will bolt up directly.

Regards,

I've done some research on this, and apart from having an electrical shop do the upgrade, it looks like the newer highlander alternators are a direct bolt on. They are also 130amp, and can be gotten for 50 bucks from a junkyard :D

Will keep you guys updated on how that goes.

btw the engine is a 1mzfe (v6)

Regards,

I've done some research on this, and apart from having an electrical shop do the upgrade, it looks like the newer highlander alternators are a direct bolt on. They are also 130amp, and can be gotten for 50 bucks from a junkyard :D

Could you do me a favour? Can you find out for me what kind of alternator a Lexus IS 220D (yeah Diesel) from 2007 has as a stock alternator. I thought I saw it was 130A or something?

I am looking to replace the stock alternator with a bigger one, somewhere around 250A. But I am having a really hard time to find a company which can provide me with one. Tried several companies already, e.g. HO alts, Ohio Generator, Iraggi Alts, etc.

But totally without succes. :(

Regards,

Could you do me a favour? Can you find out for me what kind of alternator a Lexus IS 220D (yeah Diesel) from 2007 has as a stock alternator. I thought I saw it was 130A or something?

I am looking to replace the stock alternator with a bigger one, somewhere around 250A. But I am having a really hard time to find a company which can provide me with one. Tried several companies already, e.g. HO alts, Ohio Generator, Iraggi Alts, etc.

Your best bet is to call a lexus dealership and ask them. I will keep an eye out though while I'm doing this to see if I can turn up anything . (ive never even heard of an is220d lol)

• 1 month later...

Regards,

Your best bet is to call a lexus dealership and ask them. I will keep an eye out though while I'm doing this to see if I can turn up anything . (ive never even heard of an is220d lol)

Any luck yet? :(

220d means DIESEL, very common overhere though.