How To Replace Mark Levinson Front Door Big Speaker

bmoreno

I have a 2003 GX w/ Mark Levinson sound system. The biggest left front door speakers is now producing distorted and crackling sound even at low volume. I figured it needs to be replaced. If anyone knows how to replace this speaker, please share the info. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a 2003 GX w/ Mark Levinson sound system. The biggest left front door speakers is now producing distorted and crackling sound even at low volume. I figured it needs to be replaced. If anyone knows how to replace this speaker, please share the info. Thanks.

If it is like any other door speaker, you should be able to pop the door panel off w/a panel removal tool and unplug the speaker from the lead wires. Once the wires are off, you should be able to remove the speaker by loosening the bracket that holds it to the door chassis. I would recommend replacing both of them so that you have the proper imaging and staging in the front of the car. ! If you aren’t comfortable doing to yourself, visit a reputable car audio shop. I should only be a 45-60 min job. Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...

dpcollier and G Man:

Where exactly on the door panel should I start to pop off? Someone told me to start at the bottom door panel by just using both hands to pull the panel. Is this going to work? Your suggestion to use a panel removal tool, what does this look like? Can I use a small pry bar (bent screw driver)? Can I expect some panel clips to break?

Thanks for your advise.