02 Gs430 With Mark Levinson

I have a 2002 GS430 with ML.

The car sat outside for nearly 3 weeks and we had over a foot of snow that melted and accumulated again. I cleaned the car this morning and turned it on. Everything was fine, but then I turned on the radio, and no sound! I checked the CD player, it worked but no sound again. I used the navi and the navi voice works. Any idea of what happened here? I have access to all the controls, but there is no sound coming out of the system when using the radio/cd/tape(yes, i tried it just to make sure).

I have tried to turn off the car and turn it back on, no help. Should I try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes? Or is it something else?

I tried to the find the amp so that I can check the fuse, but I couldn't find it.

Also when I turn the car on, I do hear a quick pop almost out of the system, but then nothing. Please help. I have to take the car on a long road trip in 2 days, and I don't think I can do it without a radio.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Just an update, that pop noise I was referring too.....that is actually the radio. When I turn the car on I can hear music for about a half second and then silence. Any ideas of what it can be or how I can trouble shoot this without taking it into the dealership.

Have you tried driving the car to warm it up (a short drive to the store or gas station) & then after you shut if off & start it back up, the radio sound may come back. I have had the same problem with my 01 LS for a couple of years & it seems that when the temp drops below 25 degrees or so, it developes the same problem.

Have you tried driving the car to warm it up (a short drive to the store or gas station) & then after you shut if off & start it back up, the radio sound may come back. I have had the same problem with my 01 LS for a couple of years & it seems that when the temp drops below 25 degrees or so, it developes the same problem.

I drove the car around for about 30 minutes and then turned if off and back on again, still no help. I am thinking that if it was the amp that i would not get any sound from it, however i do for about a half second and then its silence.

I agree about the amp - that is what the dealer told me needed to be replaced when I asked them about my sound problem. There have been a few posts regarding this issue, with a few thinking that it may be a loose connection at the amp, but I for one don't have the time or think it's that big of an issue to go tearing apart the trunk to get to the amp to try to isolate it.

Good luck & if you find anything out, please keep us posted.