Gps Positioning Problem On 2007 Is 250 Awd

After having my center dash rattle fixed with TSIB #NV003-06 2 weeks ago, my navigation would randomly show my location in the opposite direction and never recover. I have to recalibrate it each time and it will work for 50 miles before it screws up again. It seems that I am no longer getting any GPS signals.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I went into the service menu with the following method and I see a "CHEK" besides NAVI and RADIO. The NAVI CHEK CODE is 58-60.

Furthermore, the "GPS info" menu did not show any signals acquired/locked even when I am driving and this is accessed through the "diagnostic menu" > "navigation system" > "GPS info".

1. START DIAGNOSTIC MODE

(1) Start the engine.

(2) While pressing and holding the "INFO" switch,

operate the light control switch: OFF → Turn ON

→ Turn OFF → Turn ON → Turn OFF → Turn

ON → Turn OFF.

(3) The diagnostic mode starts and the "System Check Mode" screen will be displayed. Service inspection starts automatically and the result will be displayed.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

I suggest taking it in to the dealer. If you are lucky, they will replace the DVD with the 7.1 version, without the "I Agree" button.

Are you saying "I agree" is a thing of the past? That would be nice.

'08s have no "I agree".

I had the same symptoms on another vehicle when they had to disconnect the Nav antenna to install a new windshield. It was a broken Nav antenna connector. The lead is coax, and the inside wire is very thin.

Thanks for the response. My service advisor originally told me that a software upgrade is available but called today to let me know that it is only for the '06.

Told me to bring it in and they will check if the antenna's wire is accidentally unplugged when they were insulating the dashboard to get rid of the rattle.

If it is just a loose connector, do they need to remove the dash to get to it? My service advisor told me it should take less than an hour to fix it.

If it is just a loose connector, do they need to remove the dash to get to it? My service advisor told me it should take less than an hour to fix it.

Most likely it is broken or disconnected at the back of the dashboard Nav unit. Based on what you described. That was not the case with mine on another non-Lexus vehicle. Lead was broken where it plugs into the antenna. A whole new lead was installed, requiring plugging the new lead into the back of the Nav unit at one end and the antenna at the other end.