What Is The Warning Light On The Lower Right Side On Gen 1 Ls400 Below

90LS400Lexus

Its not normally illuminated on my car, but when I turn first turn on the ignition, there is a light, directly below the "160 MPH" area and to the right of the green cruise control lamp that illuminates for a couple of seconds during the "bulb check" cycle. Its not one that reflects, but its on the actual panel, just left of the square low fuel warning lamp.

It looks like the low oil warning light in appearance (has an oil can w/liquid "swishes" below it), but its not the oil light, because its on the left side of the tachometer area and its red.

This other light in question looks the same, but its yellow in color. (Its not the low coolant, because I know what that one is (it looks like a monument), because I am having a sensor problem with that one now and the light stays on most of the time).

I did not think to get my owners manual out to check, so I thought I would ask here. Possibly a low transmission fluid light, or? BTW - my car is a 91' LS.

Thanks!

Its not normally illuminated on my car, but when I turn first turn on the ignition, there is a light, directly below the "160 MPH" area and to the right of the green cruise control lamp that illuminates for a couple of seconds during the "bulb check" cycle. Its not one that reflects, but its on the actual panel, just left of the square low fuel warning lamp.

It looks like the low oil warning light in appearance (has an oil can w/liquid "swishes" below it), but its not the oil light, because its on the left side of the tachometer area and its red.

This other light in question looks the same, but its yellow in color. (Its not the low coolant, because I know what that one is (it looks like a monument), because I am having a sensor problem with that one now and the light stays on most of the time).

I did not think to get my owners manual out to check, so I thought I would ask here. Possibly a low transmission fluid light, or? BTW - my car is a 91' LS.

Thanks!

I believe there are 2 different oil warning lights, one for low oil level and another for low oil pressure.

It's your low engine oil level warning light. Check your level. From what the manual says, it is designed to indicate extremely low level not just slightly low. It's ok for the light to flicker at idle and quick stops occaisionally as long as it goes out on acceleration.

Thanks Thomas. Strange I have never noticed this before, nor did I ever notice it on my old 1990 LS400.

Eatinupblacktop- thanks... sorry I was not more clear- the light its not on when driving or when the engine is on... I just noticed it when I turn on the ignition during "bulb check" cycle. It goes out after the engine starts. Oil level is full. Amazingly, despite 209K, my car still does not burn or leak oil, but then my 90' LS with 252K did not either. :closedeyes:

It's your low engine oil level warning light. Check your level. From what the manual says, it is designed to indicate extremely low level not just slightly low. It's ok for the light to flicker at idle and quick stops occaisionally as long as it goes out on acceleration.

Thanks Thomas. Strange I have never noticed this before, nor did I ever notice it on my old 1990 LS400.

Eatinupblacktop- thanks... sorry I was not more clear- the light its not on when driving or when the engine is on... I just noticed it when I turn on the ignition during "bulb check" cycle. It goes out after the engine starts. Oil level is full. Amazingly, despite 209K, my car still does not burn or leak oil, but then my 90' LS with 252K did not either. :closedeyes:

I never noticed it either...just saw it when I was reading the manual one day. That can be helpful! ;)