Someone In Ca Confirm The Min Package

I was told my dealers in CA that this package comes on all CA cars. I.e. this is the 'minimum' package.

Is this true? Does the car come in just the LL package (which is the one like the below w/o the 18 inch wheels)

I know you can "custom order" anything, but you wont get a car at 'invoice' if you do that. I also am aware they are more package combos that are available.

Is this the package they are talking about?

LT Luxury Plus Package info $4,325 $3,460

Luxury Plus Package

Includes perforated leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats, 3-position driver and passenger seat memory, exterior electrochromatic mirrors with memory, power tilt and telescopic steering wheel with memory, Bird's Eye Maple wood interior trim, power rear sunshade, bi-Xenon high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps with adaptive front lighting system and auto-leveling, rain sensing wipers and 18" alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 front summer tires and 255/40YR18 rear summer tires.

I was also told I can have it for Invoice, which is $32,142 + TTL. Does this sound right? I've seen some Cali people talking about getting an IS250 Auto for

32500 OTD, are they referring to this car with this LT package, or a base car? (Do Base cars exist? I've been told no, it's a special order)

The only package that I am aware of as standard on the IS is the Preferred Package (cargo net, trunk carpet, wheel locks). I special-ordered mine and left off the Preferred Package, and they put it on anyway, at no charge. Go figure. :huh:

The only package that I am aware of as standard on the IS is the Preferred Package (cargo net, trunk carpet, wheel locks). I special-ordered mine and left off the Preferred Package, and they put it on anyway, at no charge. Go figure. :huh:

Didn't come on my special order, so it isn't standard.

What one dealership might do isn't the same as what another might, but it's not a company-wide standard or anything.

Oh, and there's no reason you can't get awfully close to invoice on a special order if you find a reasonable dealer. He's still making a small profit on a guaranteed sale just for filling out some paperwork.

I recently bought an '08 250 RWD. In No CA (Bay Area) it is hard to find a 250 with the Luxury Pkg. Most all seem to come with the Premium Pkg (no tilt down mirror, sunshade, power adj steering wheel, outside dimming mirror, rain sensing wipers), 18 inch wheels with Summer tires and Xenon and accessory pkg (trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks). I added Nav and got it for 32.8K plus tax and license with a sticker of 38,145 at Colliseum in Oakland.

• 2 weeks later...
I recently bought an '08 250 RWD. In No CA (Bay Area) it is hard to find a 250 with the Luxury Pkg. Most all seem to come with the Premium Pkg (no tilt down mirror, sunshade, power adj steering wheel, outside dimming mirror, rain sensing wipers), 18 inch wheels with Summer tires and Xenon and accessory pkg (trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks). I added Nav and got it for 32.8K plus tax and license with a sticker of 38,145 at Colliseum in Oakland.

AJFINOAK, I had a question as I am also in the Bay Area and looking for a similar car. The car you got had the Preferred, Premium, NAV, 18" Alloy Wheels and HID, correct ? Did you want the 18" wheel package and the HID or did the car just come with them ? I would like to get a car with the Premium and NAV, dont mind the Preferred as well; but I dont want the 18" wheels and HID and the first dealer I checked (Stevens Creek) does not have such a package. In fact there are no cars w/o the 18" wheels and HID that they had.

I might try Longo Lexus as the last car I bought (GS 300) was from there and they had a wider inventory.

Many thanks,

Enetnut

Los Altos Hills, CA

AJFINOAK, I had a question as I am also in the Bay Area and looking for a similar car. The car you got had the Preferred, Premium, NAV, 18" Alloy Wheels and HID, correct ? Did you want the 18" wheel package and the HID or did the car just come with them ? I would like to get a car with the Premium and NAV, dont mind the Preferred as well; but I dont want the 18" wheels and HID and the first dealer I checked (Stevens Creek) does not have such a package. In fact there are no cars w/o the 18" wheels and HID that they had.

I might try Longo Lexus as the last car I bought (GS 300) was from there and they had a wider inventory.

Many thanks,

Enetnut

Los Altos Hills, CA

The car came equipped with the wheels and HID as did almost every IS they had on the lot. You can perhaps special order without that but the deals will likely not be as good.

I just got that same car (with the Lexus navigation system/bluetooth/backup camera option already on the car) with the same MSRP but the invoice was more than you paid. Did you get the Lexus Nav unit or an afternarket Nav? And did they sell it to you below invoice?

I just got that same car (with the Lexus navigation system/bluetooth/backup camera option already on the car) with the same MSRP but the invoice was more than you paid. Did you get the Lexus Nav unit or an afternarket Nav? And did they sell it to you below invoice?

I did get the car below invoice. I was the factory Nav unit with bluetooth and backup camera.