Suspension Replacement Parts

My wife has a 97 ES300 with the adaptive variable suspension and she thinks it might be time for replacements. She has been complaining about the ride and bounce. I haven't seen a difference but I do not drive it everyday. Can anyone tell me what the cost might be for replacement struts. I searched this forum and suppliers to no avail. See a few threads that indicated going away from the AVS was best due to cost. Aside from cost is there any other reasons to consider standard struts? Any suggestions or recommendations on replacements? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mike

• 1 month later...

I recently had to change complete suspension of my car from Lexus Center. I own ES300 99. I am in Saudi Arabia, so the amount you will see is the conversion.

I paid around $ 3,738.77 (including Labour)

The price of AVS Shocks are $ 240.280 each. The front one are slight less then rear.

Your other alternate is to go for Camry Shock. But then you will get a hard stiff ride (which is SPORT) mode of Lexus.

Keep in mind that I paid for every thing ie, stabilizer, Engine & Gear Mounting, Rear Carriage, Driver Shaft.

Its unfortunate that I could not find anyone else who can fix ES shock. That is because ES has Electronic Shock.

Piece of advise, never buy a car from any ARAB. They brutally rape their car. I was foolish not to test drive my car and now end up paying for all bit & pieces.