Verizon "envy" Cell Phone And Bluetooth

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Verizon "En-V" phone will connect to the 2006 GS 430 bluetooth?

My whole family is with Verizon and I really don't want to have to get a new phone with another service provider just to use the bluetooth in the car. My phone is capapble of it.

I just don't understand why this is so hard.......I've seen several others ask about this. Maybe it is time for the class action suit as others have said.....this is very frustrating after spending that kind of money on what is supposed to be a car made in "the relentess pursuit of perfection"!

Any comments or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

According to the Lexus website, your Envy should connect to a 2006 GS 430.

Click for Lexus Bluetooth compatibility info

To pair it, make sure that you are parked.

1. Touch the INFO button next to your touchscreen

2. Touch the Telophone option on the touchscreen

3. Push Settings

4. Push Add Phone

5. You will see a screen with a passkey - 1212 - at this point, turn your phone into detect mode...enter the passkey into your phone, and the car should confirm that it is paired.

I hope that helps you out.

--Duckman

According to the Lexus website, your Envy should connect to a 2006 GS 430.

Click for Lexus Bluetooth compatibility info

To pair it, make sure that you are parked.

1. Touch the INFO button next to your touchscreen

2. Touch the Telophone option on the touchscreen

3. Push Settings

4. Push Add Phone

5. You will see a screen with a passkey - 1212 - at this point, turn your phone into detect mode...enter the passkey into your phone, and the car should confirm that it is paired.

I hope that helps you out.

--Duckman

I just don't understand why this is so hard.......I've seen several others ask about this. Maybe it is time for the class action suit as others have said.....this is very frustrating after spending that kind of money on what is supposed to be a car made in "the relentess pursuit of perfection"!

You're a little late. A class action suit was filed a few years back against Verizon, and Verizon lost. Should google Verizon V710 lawsuit and learn what crippled bluetooth is. Even if the Lexus bluetooth may have compatibility issues, thats no excuse to blame the car if your phone doesn't have the proper bluetooth profiles. People tend to overlook their phone and carriers for some reason. FYI, the bluetooth profiles the car needs to see from your phone are listed in your owners manual.

You're a little late. A class action suit was filed a few years back against Verizon, and Verizon lost. Should google Verizon V710 lawsuit and learn what crippled bluetooth is. Even if the Lexus bluetooth may have compatibility issues, thats no excuse to blame the car if your phone doesn't have the proper bluetooth profiles. People tend to overlook their phone and carriers for some reason. FYI, the bluetooth profiles the car needs to see from your phone are listed in your owners manual.

PS-- I did what Duckman said.......and it worked!!! Thank you! The bluetooth was a big selling point for me as my last car didn't have it so I really wanted it to work and it does!!

I LOVE MY CAR...I was just getting frustrated with the bluetooth functions and I had read other complaints about people having to get new phones. Like I said I love the car so far and I was the owner previously of an ES about 8 years ago. I'm so happy to be back in a Lexus. The ride is incredible and it is a blast to drive and it always turns heads--I have the Maroon color and I love it! Thanks again

PS-- I did what Duckman said.......and it worked!!! Thank you! The bluetooth was a big selling point for me as my last car didn't have it so I really wanted it to work and it does!!

I LOVE MY CAR...I was just getting frustrated with the bluetooth functions and I had read other complaints about people having to get new phones. Like I said I love the car so far and I was the owner previously of an ES about 8 years ago. I'm so happy to be back in a Lexus. The ride is incredible and it is a blast to drive and it always turns heads--I have the Maroon color and I love it! Thanks again