Sound From Undercarraige

Ben Ngiam

Hi,

I installed the Daizen anti sway bars and also the H&R spacers (front 15mm and rear 25mm)

Since then, there are noises coming from underneath esp when over humps. It seems coming from the front and rear

When the car is on the move for a while, the noise level is reduced but still the noise can be irritating

What could be the cause. Its seems more like noise from rubbing. I am presently using Tein Comfort Sports coilover.

Unfortunately I installed the anti sway and spacers at the same time.

Appreciate any advice

Ben

The SC430 has a huge amount of negative camber and by putting wheel spacers on the car, you have applified the negative camber. You will probably be replacing tires every 6-8k miles, due to inside wear. The noise is probably due to riding on the inside of the tires, which makes a roaring sound and tends to change on different road surfaces. Read my article on tire wear and it should give you some ideas.

• 4 months later...

I have found the cause of the sqeaking noise from the undercarriage. Its from the polyurethane bushings. After applying the polyurethane grease the noise disappeared but 3 months later, the noise reappeared. Any solution to solve this nagging problem