Hello!

I'm planning to purchase a 2008 RX 400h - doing lots of research currently - what is the average amount above invoice pricing do most tend to pay? Have you found large or small differences in this prices among dealerships? :D

Appreciate any information or direction you might be able to offer me! Many thanks!

Gary Bowler

New York, NY <_<

400h is in high demand in the DC area as they can use the HOV lanes. Not much off new ones and used ones with reasonable miles are holding their prices really well, too well actually, which is why we bought new.

It's a really nice vehicle, we love ours. My wife's commute using the HOV has been really painless. AND, we've been getting 27 MPG.

400h is in high demand in the DC area as they can use the HOV lanes. Not much off new ones and used ones with reasonable miles are holding their prices really well, too well actually, which is why we bought new.

It's a really nice vehicle, we love ours. My wife's commute using the HOV has been really painless. AND, we've been getting 27 MPG.

Thanks very much for the response! It's appreciated.

Best regards,

Gary Bowler

NYC

• 2 weeks later...
shop around in jersey, nyc tends to be more expensive than NJ

Good idea. I'll do just that!

Many thanks,

Gary Bowler - NYC

I just bought a 2008 RX400h in Nov 2007 from Lexus in Syracuse (Burdick). Black, tan interior, nav $45,900 where msrp was $49,600 or $49,900.

shop around in jersey, nyc tends to be more expensive than NJ

Good idea. I'll do just that!

Many thanks,

Gary Bowler - NYC

I just bought a 2008 RX400h in Nov 2007 from Lexus in Syracuse (Burdick). Black, tan interior, nav $45,900 where msrp was $49,600 or $49,900.

Definitely shop around...I special ordered my '08 RX400h and after getting online quotes from about 12 different dealers within a 100 mile radius, I was able to get mine for $47000; my sticker is $51600 with my extra options. I told each dealer what my lowest quoted price was, and asked if they could do better for me. Some did, some couldn't or wouldn't.

Try some dealers in CT or MA too, if it's not too far for you to go. I never ended up traveling to my dealer, and never even met my salesman (it's overrated anyway! ;) ). My built-just-for-me RX400h arrived in NJ by ship from Japan on Monday, and my dealership is delivering it to my home either this Friday or next Monday! You may be able to do better with current inventory vehicles too.

Good Luck!!

Definitely shop around...I special ordered my '08 RX400h and after getting online quotes from about 12 different dealers within a 100 mile radius, I was able to get mine for $47000; my sticker is $51600 with my extra options. I told each dealer what my lowest quoted price was, and asked if they could do better for me. Some did, some couldn't or wouldn't.

I never ended up traveling to my dealer, and never even met my salesman (it's overrated anyway! ;) ).

My built-just-for-me RX400h

my dealership is delivering it to my home either this Friday or next Monday!

good job. That's a great way to do it -- Never even walk into the dealership. But I'm curious, when do you (or did you) actually sign the purchase agreement? Ideally it wouldn't be until they deliver it to your house and you can look over the car. And certainly you wouldn't give them more than a nominal deposit before taking delivery.

And just to be clear, the price quoted should include the bottom line price paid to the dealer including everything except TTL (the variable (depending on jurisdiction) fees paid to government: Tax, title, license/registration. ) Sometimes they will say: the purchase price for the vehicle is X + Y doc fee, + Z delivery fee etc. when you thought the agreed price was X.

and how did you get the MSRP upto 51.6? laser cruise? ML stereo? Rear dvd? I've heard those are all only available by special order in most parts of the country.

and how long did it take from order until delivery?

• 8 months later...