Mechanic Recommendation For Twin Cities, Minnesota

uyao01

I recently purchased a 1992 LS400 with 146,000 miles. In less than 3 months after purchase, I have been hit with entire power steering replacement and both 02 sensors replacement. Both items were fixed at Lexus dealer. Can anyone recommend a competent, reliable and honest local Twin Cities, Minnesota mechanic or shop to work on repairs to my vehicle? I am having nightmares of future maintenance costs at Lexus delaer prices ... and am wondering whether I can afford the vehicle.

Thank you!

I recently purchased a 1992 LS400 with 146,000 miles. In less than 3 months after purchase, I have been hit with entire power steering replacement and both 02 sensors replacement. Both items were fixed at Lexus dealer. Can anyone recommend a competent, reliable and honest local Twin Cities, Minnesota mechanic or shop to work on repairs to my vehicle? I am having nightmares of future maintenance costs at Lexus delaer prices ... and am wondering whether I can afford the vehicle.

Thank you!

Harm Alken with Prior Lake Transmission / Midwest Transmission 952-440-6600

Has a location in Minneapolis and Prior Lake MN

Tell him Joe T sent you he should be able to help.

Good Luck,

Thank you Joe T.

So, what sorts of repairs has Harm Alken done for you? And over what period of time?

Have a nice day!

Cheers.

All common fluid, belt, brake, scheduled services and of coure transmission work throughout the past couple yrs.

See ya,

JT

• 4 weeks later...

Hello:

The reapairs you made are normal, in these cars. After you get the suspension done, if needed, you should not have to bother with too many other items but regular maintenance change of fluids etc. I would recommend to use the no leak tranny brand leak stopper (follow the instructions on how to use or use with a pro) on your PS so it will last longer this is because they are prone to leak and damage your alternator, which I would have checked and cleaned from PS liquid if you had a leak in the area. You can also buy a rebuild alternator fairly cheap in case you needed. Read the old posts for other tips and your car could last you many more years.

CPR