New 7.1 Gps Update (oem)

BLAISERSC430

Just thought I treat myself to a early Christmas gift. So I went out to the local Lexus dealer and ordered a New 7.1 Generation 2/3 DVD GPS Update for my 2002 Lexus SC430. I got into my car and put the key in the ignition turned to key to ACC so I could power on the DVD & GPS System, went back into my trunk and took out the old original GPS DVD that came with the car. Then I put the new 7.1 upgrade back into DVD and watched it load and update.

Problem now is the DVD Updated my software to Ver. 7.1, but I'm not getting the full functions out of my NAV Screen or DVD. My address screen is grayed out and it doesn't allow me to select my region on the Map either, my Region is Region#9 (Pennsylvania-Philadelphia). The upgraded maps are there but it doen't allow me to enter an address or use any of the other funtions on my touch screen. The car is parked in my driveway and I even tried at work????

Does anyone know what I can try???? Tried to re-load the DVD Disc again, unplugged the battery cables for 5 minutes and tried again, but to no avail.

Has anyone had this isssue with their's? :cries:

Just thought I treat myself to a early Christmas gift. So I went out to the local Lexus dealer and ordered a New 7.1 Generation 2/3 DVD GPS Update for my 2002 Lexus SC430. I got into my car and put the key in the ignition turned to key to ACC so I could power on the DVD & GPS System, went back into my trunk and took out the old original GPS DVD that came with the car. Then I put the new 7.1 upgrade back into DVD and watched it load and update.

Problem now is the DVD Updated my software to Ver. 7.1, but I'm not getting the full functions out of my NAV Screen or DVD. My address screen is grayed out and it doesn't allow me to select my region on the Map either, my Region is Region#9 (Pennsylvania-Philadelphia). The upgraded maps are there but it doen't allow me to enter an address or use any of the other funtions on my touch screen. The car is parked in my driveway and I even tried at work????

Does anyone know what I can try???? Tried to re-load the DVD Disc again, unplugged the battery cables for 5 minutes and tried again, but to no avail.

Has anyone had this isssue with their's?:cries:

have you tried reloading the old original dvd back ? if you regain full function then i guess the new 7.1 gen is not compatible.

have you tried reloading the old original dvd back ? if you regain full function then i guess the new 7.1 gen is not compatible.

Once you update the GPS from Ver 1.0 (Original) to the NEW 7.1 Version on the Gen 2/3 it will not allow you to go back to Version 1.0 but yes I did try to re-load the old original Version 1.0 no go.....

Once you update the GPS from Ver 1.0 (Original) to the NEW 7.1 Version on the Gen 2/3 it will not allow you to go back to Version 1.0 but yes I did try to re-load the old original Version 1.0 no go.....

bummer...im sure you considered loading 6.3 version (if it allows you to). saw many postings on that. sorry cant help im a newbie. best of luck.

bummer...im sure you considered loading 6.3 version (if it allows you to). saw many postings on that. sorry cant help im a newbie. best of luck.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS/GALS

GUESS WHAT???????????????? I GOT THE GPS WORKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE'S HOW........ SOMETIMES YOU JUST GOT TO THINK ABOUT THINGS FOR A MINUTE....

I ACTUALLY THOUGHT ABOUT WHY THE DISK WASN'T WORKING RIGHT AND COULDN'T GET THE DISK TO READ CORRECTLY, SO I TOOK THE DISC OUT AND WENT INTO THE GARAGE AND TURNED ON MY AIR COMPRESSOR BECAUSE I WAS AT WITS END AND I COULDN'T GIVE UP. I HAD NO OTHER OPTION BUT TO THINK ABOUT TAKING THE DVD ECU (ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT) APART BUT I THOUGHT I HAD TO TRY THIS FIRST.

I TOOK MY COMPRESSOR OUT TO THE BACK OF THE CAR AND ATTACHED MY SPRAY NOZZLE TO THE END OF THE COMPRESSOR HOSE AND BLEW COMPRESSED AIR INTO THE ACTUAL DVD ECU. RELOADED THE DVD AND "BANG" :cheers: ALL THE OPTIONS CAME BACK TO ME ON THE TOUCH SCREEN. IT LOOKS LIKE DIRT AND/OR DEBRIS WAS LODGED ON TOP OF THE LED SENSOR EYE WHICH READS THE DATA INSIDE THE DVD NAVIGATION PLAYER.

ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS GOING FROM THE ORIGINAL OEM VERSION 1.0 (2002) TO THE OEM VERSION 7.1 (2007) IT IS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY! THE MAPS ARE AWESOME....WELL WORTH THE WAIT. I JUST WISHED I DIDN'T HAVE ALL THE PROBLEMS LOADING THE NEW DVD NAVIGATION DISC...

:cheers:

:cheers:

We have simple rules and they are made crystal clear.

Do not try and sell anything illegal like a counterfeit anything on this forum inadvertently or directly .

Their will not be a 2nd warning.

Thank you.

SKperformance

Edited by SKperformance

• 4 months later...

2nd problem, which is the main problem: I inserted this DVD, and noticed all sort of indications on the screen that the software was being updated, etc. Over the next few days, I noticed that the performance of the unit got slower and slower and slower when calculating or, especially, when recalculating routes. A few days ago, I started up and the screen indicated a read disk error. I took the dvd out, put the old one, didn't work. I put the new one back in, didn't work. Several starts later, I tried the unit again, and it displayed a map, but the guidance options (address, etc.) were not lit up / available. Since this problem started, it has worked properly only once or twice. Help!

Does anyone have any insight? Please let me know. Thanks !