Ls430 Air Suspension

daveGSLooker

Well its been two weeks since I bought the LS430 and thanks to this website I've been able to learn alot more about the car. I've ordered a replacement ML sub, and will be installing that this weekend... Programming the key was quite a fun experience.... I'm getting my Master in Software Engineering, and I gotta say it was a challenge getting them programmed.

I said in my previous post that I thought the rear air shocks had been replaced with pnuematics cause I had paperwork listing that some rear struts had been replaced a couple months ago. Well I took a look under the car and and didn't see any coils and the stuts didn't look new... well long story short, it was the struts for the trunk (a $400 job, yikes!)

OK the point of this post was to ask about the air suspension... mine appears to ride lower in the back... the wheel wells in the rear appear to have less clearance than in the front, but the car doesn't appear to be sagging... So is this an optical illusion or is something wrong with my shocks... Also I'm not sure if the work.. I set the position to high with the car on, and I don't feel the car rise.. Anyone have any experience with these?

As far as I can tell it's normal for the LS to ride a little bit lower in the back than the front; mine rides the same way (as have many I've seen). It may be something to do with the aerodynamics? Also I can't really feel the car lower itself above 50 or 60 mph but apparently it does that.

Having the car rise on High setting seems to take a while (the rise is only something like 20 or 30 mm) but it will rise up. I notice when I engage the High mode the ride seems to get a little bit stiffer; and if I drive around for a little while the car does seem higher. But it's not going to be like a Range Rover or anything that really jacks itself up on the air shocks.

If the system is leaking you'll know; you'll walk outside and the car will look like a low rider or something....it's quite noticeable.

Welcome to the club...let's see some pix!

Well its been two weeks since I bought the LS430 and thanks to this website I've been able to learn alot more about the car. I've ordered a replacement ML sub, and will be installing that this weekend... Programming the key was quite a fun experience.... I'm getting my Master in Software Engineering, and I gotta say it was a challenge getting them programmed.

I said in my previous post that I thought the rear air shocks had been replaced with pnuematics cause I had paperwork listing that some rear struts had been replaced a couple months ago. Well I took a look under the car and and didn't see any coils and the stuts didn't look new... well long story short, it was the struts for the trunk (a $400 job, yikes!)

OK the point of this post was to ask about the air suspension... mine appears to ride lower in the back... the wheel wells in the rear appear to have less clearance than in the front, but the car doesn't appear to be sagging... So is this an optical illusion or is something wrong with my shocks... Also I'm not sure if the work.. I set the position to high with the car on, and I don't feel the car rise.. Anyone have any experience with these?

As far as I can tell it's normal for the LS to ride a little bit lower in the back than the front; mine rides the same way (as have many I've seen). It may be something to do with the aerodynamics? Also I can't really feel the car lower itself above 50 or 60 mph but apparently it does that.

Having the car rise on High setting seems to take a while (the rise is only something like 20 or 30 mm) but it will rise up. I notice when I engage the High mode the ride seems to get a little bit stiffer; and if I drive around for a little while the car does seem higher. But it's not going to be like a Range Rover or anything that really jacks itself up on the air shocks.

If the system is leaking you'll know; you'll walk outside and the car will look like a low rider or something....it's quite noticeable.

Thanks for the info, I hope the shocks last a long time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Start saving up now. CPR

Thanks for the info, I hope the shocks last a long time.

If you are worried about leaks , put it on the highest setting so it raises to its max pressure. Leave the car for 2 days when you are not using it parked and do not start it. To make sure you can measure each corner at the beginning and the end of the test to make sure. It should lower a 1/4 over 2 days normally.