Dvd Navigation Upgrade

herls430

I'm looking to update the nav disk on my 2004 ls. I see many of these disks for sale at version 6.1 or 7.1 but in viewing the disk I see an alpha numeric (ie: U21, 22, or 30, or W41) and I also noticed different versions (ie: 03.1, 03.2, 04.1,04.2 etc) are all these different V's,W's with numbers and versions 0_.1's or 0_.2's identifying specific vehicles? I've looked on ebay and sellers have charts that list my LS430on all of then (2004-2006 being gen 4) for both the U's, W's, 0_.1 & 0_.2!!

If it looks & sounds as I'm confused, I am. I don't want to buy something I can't return, that won't fit my cars application..

So I'm screaming "someone please help me understand. Thanks!! Bob (bob_cline@yahoo.com)

The only two nembers you need to worry about are generation and disc version number. You have a generation 4 navigation system. To find out which disc version you have, just access the disc information on your navigation display. The most current version is 7.1.

The only two nembers you need to worry about are generation and disc version number. You have a generation 4 navigation system. To find out which disc version you have, just access the disc information on your navigation display. The most current version is 7.1.

Thanks, Gordon, I appreciate your reply. There are just so many (apparent) variables I guess I was just gun-shy of buying something that wouldn't work.. Everyone that sells these things make a statement that you should "ckeck with a dealer" before you purchase, because if you buy it, you OWN it no matter what. They tell you your car is included via their chart, but "check with a dealer" I've contacted 2 dealers via e-mail, but no reply. I'd heard it would be that way, because your not buying from them...

Again Gordon, THANKS!!

Thanks, Gordon, I appreciate your reply. There are just so many (apparent) variables I guess I was just gun-shy of buying something that wouldn't work.. Everyone that sells these things make a statement that you should "ckeck with a dealer" before you purchase, because if you buy it, you OWN it no matter what. They tell you your car is included via their chart, but "check with a dealer" I've contacted 2 dealers via e-mail, but no reply. I'd heard it would be that way, because your not buying from them...

Again Gordon, THANKS!!

My wife purchased an 05 LS430 a few weeks ago. We checked at the dealership for the latest and greatest NAV upgrade disk. $339.00 for new disk. Maybe I should check ebay for a better price. Could you please let us know how the upgrade went? The sales guy suggested that it might be best to just use the version we have (6.x) but it does not show roads leading to our neighborhood. The neighborhood has been here for 9 years. Go figure.

Thanks,

Hutch