93 Es300 Keyless Entry

I tried to have an aftermarket keyless put on and it didn't work. So now i am wondering if i can just get a used remote off ebay and some how reprogram it to work on my 93 es300. Also wanted to know if anyone had a remote that might work for me they would part with. Biggest question though is how do i program a used remote and how do i know if a remote will work with my lexus??

thanks

I lost a remote key to my '93 ES 300 and this situation may mirror what you would like to do. I asked the dealer if I can just get a new remote key and I was told that was not possible, although I can get the key only. To get a new remote, I would have to replace the whole under dash receiver unit (ca. $565 parts and labor) with new codes and to add further insult, I would also have to buy new remotes as well.

Therefore, I just bought a second key without the remote. My only concern is what to do if the alarm accidently goes off and I don't have the remote to shut it off.