What Difference Between Eu Is250 & Us?

Hello,

There are some differences between the EU version and the US version.

The EU versions have side markers for the front turn signals but the US versions don't

The US version does not have a rear external fog lamp.

I am not too sure what you mean by the "E" letters on the headlamp. I do not think there is a E or a CE mark on the US models.

The EU version has plastic covers on the bottom of the vehicle to reduce high speed drag and wind noise.

I am sure there are many more small differences. These are the ones I can think of right now.

Regards,

Hello,

The EU versions have side markers for the front turn signals but the US versions don't

I am not too sure what you mean by the "E" letters on the headlamp. I do not think there is a E or a CE mark on the US models.

The EU version has plastic covers on the bottom of the vehicle to reduce high speed drag and wind noise.

I am sure there are many more small differences. These are the ones I can think of right now.

Regards,

The EU model has an interior motion sensor, so it sacrifices the sunglasses stowage by the roof lights to hold the electronics for it. Not sure what Gaugster means by a 'rear external fog lamp' as I've never seen one on a EU model 250. <_<

Hello,

Regards,

The EU model has an interior motion sensor, so it sacrifices the sunglasses stowage by the roof lights to hold the electronics for it. Not sure what Gaugster means by a 'rear external fog lamp' as I've never seen one on a EU model 250. <_<

Many cars in the EU have a button in the dash to light an extra rear tail light brighter so that it can be more visible from the rear in bad weather. I do not know if the IS250 has this feature in the EU and I did not mean to imply that is did. The first post made reference to this feature and I just stated that the US models don't have it.

Regards,

Many cars in the EU have a button in the dash to light an extra rear tail light brighter so that it can be more visible from the rear in bad weather. I do not know if the IS250 has this feature in the EU and I did not mean to imply that is did. The first post made reference to this feature and I just stated that the US models don't have it.

The EU models have twin rear high intensity rear foglights that can only be operated when the headlights are on, but they are part of the rear lamp cluster. When you said 'external' I assumed you thought there was a separate external lamp, which is not the case. In the UK the additional white beam foglights mounted in the front fender can also only be operated with the headlights on, whereas in the US I think they are used as additional driving lights? In the UK it's illegal to use the front 'foglights' in normal night driving, only being allowable in poor visibility e.g. fog & rain.

• 3 weeks later...

The EU version has like the Japanese Market Cars no Illuminated Sidemarker lights.

In the Headlights the lights are missing and in the rear there are only reflectors without the space for the rear sidemarker. Also the EU version got no daytime runnig lamps and I think only one front turn signal bulb instead of two in the North American Version.

As Tango said rear foglights (one ore two) are required in the EU on all Cars. I’m not sure about Japan cause of their accession to internationalized ECE Regulations, but i’ve seen US Standart Rearlights with sidemarkers in a aftermarket catalog of a japanese tuner.

@ shadyyy

US Headlights got no E-mark plus they got another beam (SAE standart) then the euro ones.

E-mark ist required in Lithuania too since you are in the EU isn’t it?