Mods

does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of modifications i should put on my is350 07? i was thinking about adding a new exaust and perhaps intake and change of filters. The mods im looking for are strictly for performance, and not to make the car more flashy aka +hp & torque. a nice sounding exaust wouldnt be bad though.

ps i heard that a spoiler could add some torque... is it really worth it?

does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of modifications i should put on my is350 07? i was thinking about adding a new exaust and perhaps intake and change of filters. The mods im looking for are strictly for performance, and not to make the car more flashy aka +hp & torque. a nice sounding exaust wouldnt be bad though.

ps i heard that a spoiler could add some torque... is it really worth it?

At the L.A. auto show, there was a whole list of things you could add to your 250/350 that are on the IF. I think there are more mods than just the body kit that you can buy. You might want to check with the dealer or the Lexus site, and see what they've got.

Lexus hasn't released there performance parts for the IS yet, they are due out in march. for performance parts they are going to be offering a new intake, and an exhaust which looks identical to the HKS exhaust they offer now. They will also be offering a full line of suspension parts such as springs, struts, swaybars and chasis braces

There are tons of options for intakes and exhausts. HKS makes two, the one offered by lexus and another, Borla and tanabe are a few a can think of off the top of my head.

For intakes, K&N makes one, as well as fujita and Jon makes an intake pipe.

If you search under google video there are hundreds of exhaust videos of the IS350.

Try searching the forums for some good intakes and exhausts.

Note that if you intend to remain emissions legal you have very few options that actually add much performance.

An axle-back exhaust like the tanabe will gain you maybe 5-7 horsepower (at around $100 per horsepower) and something like the Joe Z intake pipe will maybe add another 3-5 horsepower (for a much more reasonable $109). None of the more expensive intakes will add any additional power.

There are more extensive exhaust systems (like the Borla off-road system) that will cost in the 1200-1500 range but gain you around 15-20 horsepower... but they delete the second set of cats so it's not legal (this may or may not matter to you).

There's the LMS supercharger kit that adds about 40 rwhp, but it's gonna run $6000+ installed.

That's about it though.

Note that if you intend to remain emissions legal you have very few options that actually add much performance.

An axle-back exhaust like the tanabe will gain you maybe 5-7 horsepower (at around $100 per horsepower) and something like the Joe Z intake pipe will maybe add another 3-5 horsepower (for a much more reasonable $109). None of the more expensive intakes will add any additional power.

There are more extensive exhaust systems (like the Borla off-road system) that will cost in the 1200-1500 range but gain you around 15-20 horsepower... but they delete the second set of cats so it's not legal (this may or may not matter to you).

There's the LMS supercharger kit that adds about 40 rwhp, but it's gonna run $6000+ installed.

That's about it though.

Yea staying street legal and emissions legal is important for me, and also keeping the warranty, can you tell me all the mods that wont affect my warranty and that is street legal and emissions? Also does installing a suspension kit thats offered in tire rack affect warranty?

Suspension mods would impact any warranty claims related to suspension, and probably alignment (though the alignment warranty is only 12 months on a new IS). It obviously won't be relevant if you file a warranty claim on an engine or stereo problem or something though.

For intake/exhaust, assuming one is not in california where everything requires an EO number, you have a few options...

For intake I'd just spend $109 on a Joe Z intake pipe and call it day. Nothing else will add any more horsepower, and it'll just cost more, and suck hot air instead of cold.

For exhaust the Tanabe will be the quietest of the fully legal aftermarket systems... and it's very good build quality for around $550 shipped too...but any of the aftermarket systems that are only axle-back (ie don't touch either set of cats) should be "legal" as far as emissions goes... None of the axle-backs are likely to add more than 5-7 horsepower, there's only so much to gain with better axle-back plumbing.

Suspension mods would impact any warranty claims related to suspension, and probably alignment (though the alignment warranty is only 12 months on a new IS). It obviously won't be relevant if you file a warranty claim on an engine or stereo problem or something though.

For intake/exhaust, assuming one is not in california where everything requires an EO number, you have a few options...

For intake I'd just spend $109 on a Joe Z intake pipe and call it day. Nothing else will add any more horsepower, and it'll just cost more, and suck hot air instead of cold.

For exhaust the Tanabe will be the quietest of the fully legal aftermarket systems... and it's very good build quality for around $550 shipped too...but any of the aftermarket systems that are only axle-back (ie don't touch either set of cats) should be "legal" as far as emissions goes... None of the axle-backs are likely to add more than 5-7 horsepower, there's only so much to gain with better axle-back plumbing.

+1 to that. There is a slight chance that lexus would try and void your warranty because you have an intake or exhaust but it would not hold up. If you really want to avoid all conflict wait 5 months for lexus's new intake and buy there HKS exhaust.