Bluetooth And Blackberry Pearl (verizon)

PMM1975

Hello, I am new owner of a 2007 ES350. I have had the car for a few months and am enjoying it. The first few months that I had the car I was using my Nokia phone and had successfully paired it with the car's bluetooth capability. A few weeks ago I got the new Blackberry Pearl from Verizon Wireless. After pairling the blackberry and car successfully, i noticed that while driving the bluetooth connection would fail. This happens whether or not I receive or make calls. I have re-paired the devices but the failure keeps happening.

Is anyone having similar issues?

Additionally, I have not been able to upload my phonebook from the blackberry to the car.

I am not that technically savvy so I called Blackberry and they said to call Lexus. Lexus said to call Blackberry and so the cycle goes.....

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Make sure your phone software is up to date and set device to "trusted". Not sure why Blackberry would send you to Lexus for phonebook issue. Should have sent you to Verizon. If you check Verizon's website, you'll see that the 8130 only supports handsfree, headset, and serial port bluetooth profiles. Esentially no file transfer. Though you can't transfer the phonebook, do you have the option of transferring single contacts?

Make sure your phone software is up to date and set device to "trusted". Not sure why Blackberry would send you to Lexus for phonebook issue. Should have sent you to Verizon. If you check Verizon's website, you'll see that the 8130 only supports handsfree, headset, and serial port bluetooth profiles. Esentially no file transfer. Though you can't transfer the phonebook, do you have the option of transferring single contacts?

Thanks gordonw. I changed the setting on the phone to "trusted". Still not working...I'll check the software on the phone over the weekend, though I would think it's up-to-date given the phone is brand new. The Blackberry Pearl just came out from Verizon Wireless a few weeks ago---it has been available from other carriers for a while though. I don't have the option of transferring single contacts either. I am not too concerned about transferring the phone book, I am more annoyed by the bluetooth connection failure because I drive 1.5 hours to and from my office so the bluetooth was very helpful on the long ride. Thanks.

Thanks gordonw. I changed the setting on the phone to "trusted". Still not working...I'll check the software on the phone over the weekend, though I would think it's up-to-date given the phone is brand new. The Blackberry Pearl just came out from Verizon Wireless a few weeks ago---it has been available from other carriers for a while though. I don't have the option of transferring single contacts either. I am not too concerned about transferring the phone book, I am more annoyed by the bluetooth connection failure because I drive 1.5 hours to and from my office so the bluetooth was very helpful on the long ride. Thanks.

Hey just wanted to let you know that I found out why the bluetooth connection kept failing, it was b/c i had the bluetooth LED light turned off to save battery life, but apparently if you turn the light off it also disables bluetooth. Stupid! Anyway, thanks for replying to me!