Proper Break-in For Rx400h?

Hey I tried searching for the proper break-in period for the RX400h, and to no avail, found nothing. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with some tips on breaking in my RX400h, certain do's and don'ts, should I use 87 or 93? should I baby it? drive normally? drive it like I stole it?

Hey I tried searching for the proper break-in period for the RX400h, and to no avail, found nothing. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with some tips on breaking in my RX400h, certain do's and don'ts, should I use 87 or 93? should I baby it? drive normally? drive it like I stole it?

Congratulations on your new ride. Well obviously, not the latter :rolleyes:

The one thing you want to do, is not drive on the highway for extended periods with the cruise control. And if you can avoid the highway all together and stick to a more stop and go traffic, the better. A new engine typically does not need to be broken in, but one cardinal rule is you don't want a new engine driven at the same rpm's when new for a long period of time. Varying the rpm is the best way to go, do not floor the accerelator during the break in period. I would change the oil after a 1000miles or less as well, including filter. Also do not stomp on the breaks, the discs and pads need to be bedded, and the discs require multiple cycling to properly cure the metal.

Other than that, just take it easy and you should be good to go.

Cheers,

MadloR

Since it is almost Winter, use regular gas. During Summer months, I switch to midgrade to avoid power loss. Premium will provide the potential for faster acceleration (0-60 in 6.7 seconds), but is not necessary.