Premature Oxygen Sensor In Rx 330

MarksRX

For those that changed out either your bank 1 or 2 sensor before the cat, was your replacement sensor the same size to include the wiring length and did the proble have the same appearance as the one you replaced? I reason that I ask the question is because I may the mistake of trying to save a buck and purchase a sensor off eBay for my 1999 RX300 that had the same Toyota part number of 8946748011, but the sensor I received did not appear the same at the base, it have fewer holes on the proble than the original and the wiring was almost 2 inches shorter. I assume the sensor itself, though under the same part number, had been improved or some changes had been made to it since it's induction in 1999. However, when I installed the sensor, reset my computer, and drove less than 10 miles, my check engine light came on resulting in the following codes: P1150 and P1155. Thanks for your help.

You should try it and see if you recieve a code for it. If you check engine light comes on still after you have replaced it you know you have bought the wrong part. I think you should be fine though. Mine were slightly different, but fit very easily into the holes. That will probably be your first sign of problems (if it doesn't screw in).