New Tires For The Rx

LEXIRX330

After reading many post on this site I decided not to put the Michelins on my RX and I went with the Bridgestone Alenza H/L's. I have the 18" wheels 235/55/r18. I am impressed. Seem to be very quiet, great traction, great handling, and a huge A+ just on the ride in general. :D I have to say thanks to RX in NC, I would have gotten the Michelins if not for reading all of the input that he put in on the Alenza's. Thanks to everyone on the site...I have been reading much more than posting lately...hope everyone is doing well.

Glad to know that my input on the Alenzas helped you in making your decision. I'm still very impressed with the set of Alenzas that I put on my wife's RX back in mid-February. They now have over 20,000 miles on them and still look and handle as if they were only a month old. I believe the key is to keep them pumped up to about 36 or 37 psi at all times - I check all of our tire pressures every weekend and adjust accordingly. This tire refuses to hydroplane on her vehicle which is great to know even though we're still in an extended drought. During a two-day period a month ago when we received between 5 and 6 inches of rain, the Alenzas continued to stick to the road like glue. Their wet-weather performance puts them head-and-shoulders above everything else, and if they will truly go the distance on their 65,000-mile warranty, that will really be an accomplishment for Bridgestone. The Alenza is probably the only Bridgestone tire that I would purchase. As many RX owners know, the OEM Bridgestone Duelers that came new with many RX300s were very mediocre tires from both a performance perspective and a long-treadwear perspective....

There's no question in my mind that the Alenzas are the best overall tire choice for a 235/55/18 application on this vehicle. But I continue to recommend the Firestone Destination LE tire for 16-inch or 17-inch RX rims because it uses the same technology and is nearly as good as the Alenza at just over half the price of the Alenza when ordered from Tire Rack. If the Destination LE tire becomes available in the 235/55/18 application by the next time my wife's RX needs tires, I'll jump on a set in a heartbeat. If not, I suppose I'll have to pony up for another set of Alenzas unless something better comes along at an equivalent price (which I really don't expect)....