Throttle Control Cleaning

heartdunk

thanx for the information on idle control cleaning. After i cleaned the throttle, the VSC light came on. Can i have messed up some part of the throttle? I did bust some screws and took it out by force and that is all i can think of. Does the VSC and check engine light have anything to do witht that?

The throttle body needs to be an air tight system because it works partially on a vacuum principle. Any additional air or leak form the system will cause a rich or lean mix of fuel and air in the system which could cause the light to go on. I would first check to see what the code is on the vehicle and go from there. If it is not too much trouble, see if you can tap and dye the screws you broke and replace them with the appropriate sized bolts and resecure the throttle body as close to original as possible. I know one or two of those screws are VERY tough to get out. I would reccomend resecuring those screws with new bolts after tapping the hole. Let me know what the code is (P-whatever) and I can help you from there.