2004 Lx 470

Dave JD

Hi Guys,

I have a vexing problem with my 2004 LX 470 Mark Levingston Stereo. The stereo comes on briefly when I start the vehicle, but as soon as the Navigation screen come up the sound stops coming through the speakers.

This started intermitently for a few weeks initially. Now the stereo comes on for about 3 seconds every time I start up and then the sound stops coming through the speakers as soon as the navigation screen finishes the start up screen. The system itself seems to be working, the DVD/CD plays, the tape plays and the radio seems to be working but no sound comes through the speakers. Very irritating.

Does anyone have an idea how this can be fixed. I was told the Amplifier may be the problem. But I think it may a software glitch. Any Idea anyone.

David - Dtjones99@msn.com

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys,

I have a vexing problem with my 2004 LX 470 Mark Levingston Stereo. The stereo comes on briefly when I start the vehicle, but as soon as the Navigation screen come up the sound stops coming through the speakers.

This started intermitently for a few weeks initially. Now the stereo comes on for about 3 seconds every time I start up and then the sound stops coming through the speakers as soon as the navigation screen finishes the start up screen. The system itself seems to be working, the DVD/CD plays, the tape plays and the radio seems to be working but no sound comes through the speakers. Very irritating.

Does anyone have an idea how this can be fixed. I was told the Amplifier may be the problem. But I think it may a software glitch. Any Idea anyone.

David - Dtjones99@msn.com

Sounds like a similar problem I had with my audio. The change holder is too near the DVD player. Somehow, dimes got into the inside lower unit and blocked the DVD Audio Function. With a flashlight and a very long blade and thin screwdriver you can fish out the dimes. Wrap some electrical tape around the end of the screwdriver with the sticky side out. Insert the screwdriver and touch the dime to get it stuck to the tape on the screwdriver and ease the dime up. Coins do not MIX with electronics.